2010 Lancer Stereo Install Issues

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by JBob250, Sep 27, 2010.

1. JBob250

JBob250 New Member

I'd like to get my stereo working as soon as possible, an Alpine head unit. Right now it will not turn on, unless I jump the ACC from the wiring harness to the 12v constant...

I'm using the Metra harness recommended by best buy and confirmed via phone with Metra...

Metra-Radio Wire Harness Adapter for Select Mitsubishi Vehicles-70-7005

[​IMG]

I then tried jumping the 12v ACC from the harness to this mystery white wire behind the dash, but this did not resolve the problem. This site following shows the 2009 (not 10) Lancer as having a different color altogether...

http://www.modifiedl...lation-diagram/

I also found a yellow wire (per above site) from what i believe to be the 3-wire bluetooth harness that connects to the factory stereo. I tried jumping the Red ACC from the Alpine to that, but also no result.

My only thought now is that I may have had to connect the hazard-light assembly to get the white wire to work? But I spent much too much time out there today to go and mess around in the dark again, maybe the next dry day.

In the meantime, any suggestions? Or has anyone had similar problems?

Thank you.

2. mbooth420

mbooth420 New Member

I know I'm extremely late with this but did you ever find a solution to this? I have a Sony headunit with a Scoshe wire harness and I'm having the same exact issue. I've done about 2 weeks worth of research and this is the first post I've seen that's on point. And what do you know no responses.

3. gomeazy

gomeazy Member

I am in the same boat! Apparently after talking to Crutchfield the wiring harness has a red (acc power) and black (ground) that go to nothing. What needs to be done is to find an acc power and tap into it and ground the radio.