2010 Lancer Sound Package?

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by Joop, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Joop

Joop Member

It seems I might have some issues with pricing I can get the car for... about $23,500ish but i want to add the Sound and Roof which would be... another 2k.
    THEN + taxes would end up going to 28k >< and i'm not sure I can handle that.
    I was wondering, is the extra 2k worth it? Or would it be better to just upgrade the sound system on my own.

2. y2ray7697

y2ray7697 Well-Known Member

In all honesty, I wished I hadn't gotten sun and sound cuz I'm in good with a shop in this area and I could've done SOOOOO much more from stock than I could without shelling out a ton of money to rewire everythin with the sun and sound. My amp fried and they refused to replace it under warranty...cost me over 600 bucks! Hell, with the shop I'm with now, if my amp had fried, it'd cost me ten freakin bucks...UGH!

3. Joop

Joop Member

Oh wow. Well yeah. After I posted that I was thinking to myself and to be truthful the only thing I really want to add is a sub, and that's probably 200$ for a cheap one? The wiring, well I guess i'll have to find a shop since i've got two right hands. Sucks to hear that, but you've really made up my mind. I'll stick without the sound and sun =p First i'll start with the subs, then tint. Scratch that, first i'll start by getting the car! 25k - SE !

4. y2ray7697

y2ray7697 Well-Known Member

Does anyone else have an opinion on this one? Or am I the only one who got screwed outta 600 bucks by the dealership for an amp haha.

5. Glovestoali

Glovestoali Well-Known Member

lol if you want to buy a lancer for 28k might as well get an evo because they come with sun and sound

6. AeJarrotto

AeJarrotto Well-Known Member

DAMN! Mine was only 800 for the sun n sound, which to me was worth it just for the sunroof... cause i have to have a sunroof. lol. Damn that's ridiculous, i guess it is because it now comes with the fast key... I think they should have left it the way it was, get a fastkey with the navi and not add a thousand just for a sunroof, and some sub par rockford speakers / sub and amp combo. If you can live without a sunroof, i would wait, get a good AF headunit, some speakers and Sub... but that just me. I know if i could go back again i would definitely not have fronted the cash for the stock navi. It works great, and is well made, just not worth it, when comparing it to the price of an aftermarket setup.

7. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Yeah, I had to have a sunroof too. I didn't care about the crappy Infinity system in the car, cause I was going to upgrade anyways. As for upgrading the system, if you don't mind buying factory refurb stuff. I put an ENTIRE system in a friend's truck for 250. Head, speakers, amps, sub, and enclosure.

8. enkrypter_DJ

enkrypter_DJ Well-Known Member

i didnt want sun and sound , i just wanted a sunroof but it wasnt an option, i built my own sound system for 1100$ including my touch screen sat nav

9. 2010_GTS

2010_GTS Well-Known Member

i got my gts for 22.5 and i got touring pakage and sun and sound package, in my opinion the sound package is worth it if u just want enough bump to sound good and rattle the rear view mirror but if u want ur whole damn car to shake and feel the bump in ur chest just go after market.

10. 007

007 Active Member

if i were you, i would just upgrade sound yourself. I have the sun and sound package, and yeah the sun roof is great but the sound package is not worth the money. I personally wish i hadn't of paid for it. It sound nice and clear but its not really too loud and the subwoofer kinda sucks.......not that much power.

11. ThriceAsNice

ThriceAsNice Well-Known Member

The subwoofer in the sound package is a 75W 1ohm woofer, its horrible and just provides enough bass for a decent kick. The treble in the car is actually fairly good except it doesn't get too loud if you like your music on very high volume settings. I wish I would of gone all aftermarket because I could of gotten a better system way under 2 grand.

12. raceshark

raceshark Member

funny, i wanted the sun and sound package but it wasnt avalible so i just had the nav installed and was the better this way. now im going to upgrade the sound system for a better one and all come cheaper since the sound package is not finance.

13. The Beav

The Beav Well-Known Member

I got every option on my gts 2009 was like 24k. The only thing I'd like to update is the navigation to something I could customize.

Sent from my Droid

14. raceshark

raceshark Member

i just got my gts without the sound package and added the oem nav. so far the is been a good deal but i notice when i got home i lost my bluetooth, not sure why so might be going back the dealer.

15. LancerJunky

LancerJunky Member

Hmm, I got my 2010 GTS Sun & Sound for about $22,000 and from what I thought the car comes with more than just a sunroof and rockford system.