2009 Lancer GTS motor issues....... HELP.....

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by Mhehauf, May 9, 2015.

1. Mhehauf

Mhehauf New Member

Hey all I have a 2009 Lancer GTS with the 2.4L 4B12 motor and I'm getting a very loud screeching, screaming noise, with the motor shuttering and nearly stalling and shutting off. It doesn't appear to be any peripheral component (ac compressor, alternator, etc....) the noise sounds like its coming from the valve cover ie. the cam bearings. my theory is this the oil pump sucked up some sludge and clogged (I bought the vehicle used and don't know how the previous owner cared for it) not sending oil to the top of the motor then the bearings went dry and burnt up. Or at least this is my theory, now I got a check oil light sporadically before this and upon checking oil it was clean and at the correct level every time I checked it. Now I believe that check oil light was for under pressure not for low level but hind sight is 20/20. When the problem first occurred I did a motor flush 2 bottles of sea foam clean oil clean filter and run for an hour, I did this process 3 times followed by a final oil filter change, the screeching / shuttering completely went away after this. then on a test drive everything was fine until I went on the highway with the down shift to get up to speed the motor reved to about 3500 rpm and the noise was back and even worse. . . .

so are is my questions

1- has anyone had a similar issue, if so what was the verdict

2- the local yards don't have any motors so I need to rebuild mine does anybody know where I can find the engine internals cam bearings, cams, timing chain, oil pump, valves, valve seats, piston rings, ect....

3- where can I find the engine specs such as valve clearances, valve lash, bolt torque specs, and so on

any help would be greatly appriciated