2008 Lancer pulling left

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by Rocktight, Aug 15, 2007.

1. AeJarrotto

AeJarrotto Well-Known Member

yeah same here, its really starting to piss me off, but i guess what can we do until they get a recall?.... not much :evil:

2. Payload

Payload Well-Known Member

Could the steering wheel just be off centre. Like if you have it straight it pulls to the left.. but if your turn it slightly to the right does it then go in a straight line or does it still pull to one side. If it goes in a straight line when its off centre it should be as simple as unsrewing the steering wheel and turning it a bit.

Otherwise could it maybey be the caster thats stuffed. Maybey more caster on one wheel than the other for some reason so when it self centres the wheels its doing so off to one side. Though im sure that would have been checked when they checked alignment.

Something else.. is it happening with both the CVT and the manaul? or just one of them.

3. bf360

bf360 Well-Known Member

manual also
    and i have a feeling a big recall is coming

4. Conduct

Conduct Well-Known Member

I hope they don't recall my baby...

Oh well all for the better I suppose, just hope they don't yell at me for my mods to the car :D

5. BabyLee

BabyLee Well-Known Member

whoa......my car pulls so the left 2. i only realized it a couple weeks ago but i just figured it was cuz i have a patch in my tire. i m waiting 2 get new ones when i get my rims. but my tire just popped out of no where n i wasnt even goin fast do u think it could be related in any way?

6. testpilotx15

testpilotx15 Well-Known Member

I've also had this problem since I've had the car and now i need new tires. Some poeple on here have said that they changed their tires and the problem was solved, I'm just worried that I'll waste my money buying new tires for them to be destroyed due to uneven wear. So I'm looking to see how many people have had this fixed by nothing other than changing the tires, and more importantly, if anyone changed their tires and this didn't solve their problem.

7. braindead

braindead Active Member

I have the same problem, I've been to the dealer twice since I got my 09. I hope they do something.

8. TheDude

TheDude Well-Known Member

So like, ive had my car since nov... never had this problem at all.... Dropped the car, put wider rims/tires... still no problem. Never done an alignment.... i hope they dont do a recal cuz i wont turn it in.

9. sunstealth

sunstealth Well-Known Member

my car was outta alignement specs and pulling ever so slightly to the right

I got and alignement done 2 weeks ago, everything is in spec, I checked with my suspension guy (wo aligned the car) everything is dead on, guess what, the car now pulls to the left.

I really think its an alignement spec problem havign to do with the suspension geometry or somethign like that!

never had the problem before having my car 100% in spec according to the factory!

10. jazket

jazket Well-Known Member

woah I thought it was only me, and I didnt believe a brand freakin new car (well its 5 months now, but i been 3 months on this) could loose its alignment like that simple... I have a friend who told me once the tires can loose balance when you hit too many holes, but i told him my car is messing up bad... instead, it pulls to the right (unlike u guys with the left problem) but it's still the same alignment problem... Im takin mine to the dealer this weekend for a second try.... we'll see...

11. testpilotx15

Does anyone have an input as to if changing tires corrects the problem or not? Not trying to be a douche, just asking.

12. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

ok guys...last time i post out that i have my new sets of tires on stock 18" rims...and also pointed out that the alignment went normal...what i didnt do is i didnt update it if it went ok all the way...

the answer is NO...4k miles on new tires and my car still pulls to the left...all pressure is good and the same every week...i first noticed it when i hit 2k miles...

going to get a tire rotation and aligment this weekend and if this process still makes my car pulls to the left then im going to the the dealer, cuz they have been bitching that my car pulls to the left was because the tread wear was different from all 4 tires...now that i have practically brand new ones, they cant say shit...

let u guys know soon..

13. testpilotx15

hey vik, have you gotten coilovers? I was also kind of curious if putting coilovers on so that all three alignments can be adjusted would fix it. I've read of other people mentioning that when they looked at their alignment report, it showed the camber being off, even though it was still in spec, and since I'm getting uneven tread wear on the outside edges if that would fix my problems.

14. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

not yet...still too expensive...probably when it drop to 700...but it was highly suggested by wheel works...they told me that sometimes thats the best way to fix alignment problem...

15. jamez_jezzica

jamez_jezzica New Member

I'm having suspension issues… could you read my "Wife Needs Help" post and give me your opinion?

Thanks you in advance!
    Jessica

16. BlueBallLancer

BlueBallLancer Well-Known Member

its with the gts rims. I put my aftermarket enkei rims and it magically drives straight. alignment wont' do shit and mitsu won't admit it

17. rich67

rich67 New Member

Read my post in (wife needs help).

18. rich67

rich67 New Member

Many lancers come from factory with Unequal camber , to much Positive camber on left front wheel on many. Mine came that way. The Only Fix is to buy some camber adjustment bolts and install and adjust the PROPER Camber on BOTH front wheels. The dealer alignment tech. cannot adjust the CAMBER because the oem bolts are NOT adjustable.

19. TRASHY_GTS

TRASHY_GTS Member

Mitsubishi knows of this problem along with everyone else working for them, but they choose to keep hush on the issue. One thing I've learned about this company is that they are so small that managers and people working in the head office know each other very well and will cover each others end. I mean we don't have many dealerships to choose from here in Ontario and if you have any issues with them then your truly left with no option...like Im learning right now.

It's trutly a joke in my opinion when I company has a customer service that is completely useless and unprofessional. You can call that number between the stated business hours and 8 out of 10 times your getting the same messenge telling you their offices are closed...not even a proper messenge stating they are busy at the moment but to stay on the line. Then when you do finally get through to customer service, in all the times I've called, I always got the same two people. I explained the problems I was having with the car and the service manager at the dealership where I bought my car and the only solution they could offer me was to go to another dealership. As for the complaints over the so called service manager, if that what he wants to call himself, all they could say was that those problems were out of their hands. What in the hell is that?

In the 4-5 times I've called head office, not once did any of their suggestions or appointments they setup for me work out in anyway. Right down to the two MORON district managers that came out to see my car at two different dealerships claiming their was nothing wrong with the paint and that they never experienced any pulling or vibration coming from my car. Yet a day later on a Saturday when theres no service manager around, I had a mechanic go out with me and he laughed how they couldn't notice the pull and vibration. Even before I hit the highway was the guy telling me he believed me and that the GTS' were having this issue...even another mechanic at another Mitsubishi dealership admitted the same thing. So now how can service managers and head office people stat their is "no fault found on the car" when they are the first to find out about these issues. I had to be told by somebody working in a dealership that Dunlop had admit to making defective tires.

Even after all the problems I was having with the service manager over how the car was having alignment issues, it took me and my father going into the dealership on a Saturday morning and getting completely worked up to the point we were yelling in the showroom at the general manager...he even admitted that my car had a problem but that Mitsubishi head office didn't want to do anything about it due to the fact they sent two people out to drive the car and found nothing wrong and that the car had a little more km's than usual. After this confrontation in the dealership and threatening legal action I got a call from the same general manager that an order was being put through for a brand new set of tires.

3 weeks go by and the vibration while driving was starting to get pretty severe to the point that the car almost felt loose on the highway. I brought the car into the dealership about this and to see when my tires were in and I end finding up my tires have been sitting there now for a good amount of time but the same so called "service manager" didn't call me to let me know. So on the same day I arrange a day to drop off my car for the tires and the vibration and then magically the next day after leaving my car at the dealership do I get a call from that same service manager stating the tires were in and that I could bring in the car...yet the car is sitting just outside the service bay???? Then a little later I get a call saying that a new policy had been put into effect that same day and that from now on $50 would be charged for test drives if a problem under warrenty wasn't found. I honestly lost it at that point and rushed from work to the dealership to confront the service manager for answers. I walked in the service department and the first person I set eyes on was the same person I was looking for and from that point on things happened inside and outside that dealership that I wish was caught with a camera or an audio recorder.

I quickly ask him why a work order opened up by the girl working at the service desk and the same mechanic that went for a test drive with me magically was closed and changed? Unlike the first ever work order opened over this alignment issue that stated the car had a problem the rest of the work orders magically kept claiming that their was "no fault found", so finally when a mechanic goes out with me and notices the issues Im talking about and has them put down in the work order opened up, along with his employee number that the car DOES HAVE A FAULT, magically that work order was completely changed to state nothing was found wrong and then closed. Why would any mechanic go back and retract his findings about a car he is working on, not to mention he doesn't have access to do this? Nobody else would be able to do this except the same service manager that has continued to screw me over ever since an earlier issue where he claims I called him a "liar", which when you look at it I should of because this was one of his many lies since dealing with him.

Anyways, I ask him about this and just like all the other people working for Mitsubishi the bull**** started flowing from their mouths. This guy wants to do things his way but forgets that a customer has a right to complain and be pissed when they've been dicked around with. I was not one bit shocked by his lack of professionalism and respect since I was already warned by a few people I met that work for Mitsubishi that he can get like this if you start to complain about something done in the service department...I saw first hand his attitude towards a customer in the dealership that bought a used car from their lot. Back on topic, things began to get heated very fast and he was trying to avoid me, just like all the phone calls and other confrontations. I kept asking him why the work order was changed and why this $50 charge was put into effect the day I brought my car in to the point that he turned his back and head to his office. I followed him and kept asking persistently the same question to the point where he told me to leave the dealership. I refused to because I wanted anwsers and that I had enough of trying to avoid him and wanted to confront him. He continued to raise his voice, at some points yelling for me to leave and at one point going to get the keys to my car from their desk and asking me to take my car off the dealership. I kept refusing and evenutally the classless act had the balls to throw my keys on the floor...I honestly couldn't believe it, sounds stupid but its true. I thought I couldn't get any more infuriated but when I saw that I demanded he pick up my keys and told him it was my ****in property he was throwing around. He kept refusing to pick up the keys from the floor and then headed to the service department door, opened it and told me to leave or else he would call the cops on me. I actually wanted him to call the cops because Id rather resolve something like this infront of somebody that can actually see what Im dealing with. The service manager likes to act all big but wasn't man enough to ever face me anytime I brought my car in for the same issue, always avoiding me, doing things to screw me (especially from a guy that once suggested in his office that he basically has connection in head office...perhaps threatening me if I ever planned on complaining about him) but when it came down to calling the cops he couldn't.

After threatening to call the cops, he stepped outside and so did I, then he goes on to tell me Im "f@cked in the head" and that I better watch out when anything goes wrong with my car cause Im basically "black listed" with Mitsubishi and that all other dealerships know about me. He told me to have all my oil changes and maintance up to date because Mitsubishi Canada would look for any reason to screw me from getting something repaired under warrenty. We went on to argue outside some more then he took off inside and then proceeded to make a phone call home to let my parents know the sh!t I just went through. Both my mom and dad wanted to come into the dealership and rushed from home to confront the service manager before he bolted out of the dealership. I then waited in my car, fuming about all the things that just went down and then I decided I had to go back into the dealership and talk to him again. I went into his office told him that as soon as the old tires were pulled off I wanted them set as side before they were disposed cause I wanted to take pictures of the horrible state the tires were in. Finally my parents arrived and caught him completely off guard when they walked in through the service depart. and asked who the manager was and what his problem was. My dad kept telling him to call the cops like he had told me earlier so that they could solve the problem once they got there but funny how he didn't. With an older authority figures there (parents), the manager still had the same piss poor attitude towards them and wanted to turn his back on them...even as my dad was talking to him a tow truck driver pulld up with a lancer on his bed (probably broken down ) walked into the dealership and the service manager turned his back on my dad and started talking to the tow truck driver. As the words started getting more serious and louder he then got his attention and he started to act more serious as my dad start mentioning how we had already contacted a lawyer over the issue and stated everything that had been going on. After all the arguing the service manager then offered me a free oil change, waved this "new" $50 test drive charge, and said he would try and pull some strings to get my car repainted and have the 3M film installed on my car...but I quickly stated I didn't want anything but this alignment, vibration, and tire issue solved the most. It's funny how his tone changed from when I first walked in there that night...and honestly it wasn't the first time I've seen a parent come in with complaints over the GTS.

The next day I get a messenge from him on my cell stating the car is ready and that the car no longer pulls (funny it was the same guy that said earlier when the problem was brought up that the car was pulling, to then blaming other things, to then saying their was "no fault found", to now claiming the pull was gone ) or vibrates, and that my windows were re-tinted as requested. He then follows up with a messenge telling me that if the car still has a problem to call him and not give anybody a hard time at the dealership since he was leaving for the day. Then I call the girl working the service depo desk that I was on my way to pick up the car and then she tells me to brace myself for the next piece of info she'd be giving me. As per the service managers orders on my file it states that if I start any problems to call the cops right away and that I was no longer allowed to come back to the dealership. It's funny how I challenged him to call the cops, so did my dad and he wouldn't but as soon as he's not around he gets others to do his dirty work by telling me this.

After picking up my car at the dealership I noticed the work order stated all 4 windows were tinted but only 3 were done and this was the 3 time he did this to me. He wasn't around so I just left and decided Id go one step further and head over the the nearest peel region police station and ask some question about my rights in regards to him trying to kick me out of the dealership and threatening to call the cops. I told the officer what had been going on with the issues and the service manager, she basically started laughing and said that I have a right to be there if I feel the service is unsatisfactory and if they aren't honouring my warrenty as long as Im not making violent threats towards anyone in the dealership. They even went looking up stuff on their computer to print out for me, they told me to contact the head office and to contact the better business bureau over what had been happening.

The next day I called the service manager as he asked if there was any problems, I told him one window wasn't tinted cause it was still scratched and bubbling and he started with the same attitude and basically didn't care that the work order stated 4 were done but in reality only 3 were done. Then I asked him about him putting on my file to call the cops if I start problems and that I couldn't come back to the dealership and again he ran from the questions...seconds later I hear silence and then I noticed he hung up on me. Almost half hour later he calls me back tells me to bring in the car the following week if I wanted to but at that moment I could careless about that and more about the fact that he hung up on me. I told him he should have a little more respect for people and he goes on with more bullsh!t about how he put down the phone cause I was yelling at him I simply asked him how I could of been yelling at him if Im at work with people around? This guys stories never line up and been caught in many lies that he doesn't even know of. Aloft of stuff that he's said or done has gotten back to me through people there...people that understand what Im going through and know the type of person he is.

I made one last call to the same general manager I had the first confrontation with about the service manager and I also wanted to ask him about that other copy of the work order that stated the car had a problem so I could have two copies with the same work order number, one stating a problem was found with the car and then the other stating no fault was found. That idea went out the window when we started talking about everything that happened and the GM having the serious manhood to tell me he can understand why the service manager threw my keys on the floor, tried kicking me out, and threatening to call the cops on me. He also claimed the service manager is a very well respected person in the "mitsubishi world" and that their never have been complaints about him...when he means mitsubishi world he's talking about the people he works with...he says I've been unfair to them and the dealership and that both confrontations disrupted the business. Business!? What business? He also made it sound like it was a favour by the dealership to replace my tires, you know because the stupid car is not even a year old or close to the end of the warrenty.

You know how I look at it...Mitsubishi won vs me. In the end they got my money in there pocket and basically sh!t all over me and many others over these issues and any others over the years. I've lost count how many times I've had to leave my car at the dealership, how many times I've called them with problems they didn't take care of (the usual work order line..."unable to duplicate customers concern") and the amount of personal time I lost being without a car. If I wanted problems I should of bought something used then, atleast it would be a cheaper lemon at the end of the day. I honestly could careless, Id be jumping for joy actually if I saw Mitsubishi leave Canada and North America for that matter...they're a joke of a company and will never take a step forward as a company if they continue to treat their customers this way. This car would of been sold or traded in a long time but Id basically be losing my shirt and almost half the value of the car.

As hard as this is to believe what I just typed is the short versions of the problems I've experienced with Mitsubishi. So many other things have been left out that I just can't go into detail or else Id be running pages and pages...plus I haven't even mentioned about one of my rims were crubed while at one of the dealerships, all my rims have chew marks here and there from mounting the tires, scratches, and missing tabs covering the screws on my doors panels that were missing.

Overall, as much as I thought Mitsubishi had taken a step forward with the new lancer, it hasn't one bit...possibly step backwards if you ask me. Most of the lancers out there have the same common issues, so it isn't the fact that there is a few bad cars out there, simply put Mitsubishi cut corners and isn't coming forward to help the customers that bought their poor quality product. Mitsubishi hands down has to have the worst service in the automotive industry, leaving customers hanging high and dry, and I'll go as far as to say it should be one of the companies going under for all I care. I still don't understand how Evo/Ralliart owners haven't learned from lancer owners by spending their money on a better car out there.

20. GODZILLA

GODZILLA Well-Known Member

Holy cow are you a journalist? How do you write so much... 8O