2008 Lancer pulling left

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by Rocktight, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Rocktight

Rocktight Active Member

I recently have had my Lancer in twice for alignment issues. It seems it pulls to the left. Just yesterday, the service team said that this is a ongoing issue across the country and they are waiting for the tech support to advise. I guess engineers have been looking at this and are correcting the problem. My thing is, how about the wear and tear its causing until then? and has anyone else ran into this problem? its not a huge pull, but at times you definitely feel it on certain roads and the service department agreed. So hopefully its fixed soon, they think it might have to do with the 18in wheels.

2. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

I think we all have

3. Rocktight

Rocktight Active Member

Has anyone gotten a fix on this yet? I'm waiting to hear back from my service department on this thing, supposedly the engineer should be calling them sometime today or tomorrow. Just curious if anyone has gotten a fix yet.

4. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

although many have, i havent had that. bring it to the dealer.

5. LancerGTS

LancerGTS Well-Known Member

mine hasnt had that problem

6. Rocktight

Rocktight Active Member

Response so far from the dealer: They need to have my car for almost a day and need to do about 4 different things to it. Some things with alignment, tires, and wheels. They need to run some testing on tires and maybe swap them with another lancer and see if it was a defect on the tires. To me it sounds like I'm the one that they are just testing on and I don't like the idea of it. Just running a bunch of random test. If this goes on much longer, I see a Lemon in the future. They also mentioned that there is only 3 reported cases in the US for this problem, but I hear many of us have had this problem. Does anyone out there that had this problem, have a resolution yet or did you not report it, or fixed it on your own? feedback please.

7. Trainwrcked

Trainwrcked Member

I had the same problem with my GTS CVT pulling to the left so I took it to my dealer to have it looked at. After a few hours of "talking" back and forth, they told me that it has no problems and told me that most road are 'crowned' (higher in the middle than the sides). I proceded to ask them if that is the case, why does my car pull to the left on the right side of the road. No explanation there either. I get one free alignment from the manufactuar within the first 12,000 miles so he told me to come back at like 11,000 and he will throw it up on the rack. I checked tire pressures and everything is right on the money. I don't know. I gave up after a few hours of "talking" to my dealership. Guess it's just a Lancer thing.

8. Eric1180

Eric1180 Active Member

you ever watch fight club lol

9. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

^hahaha, yeah boyeee

10. Rocktight

Rocktight Active Member

Trust me, Fight Club, which is a great movie......has nothing on me. If they don't fix it, when its said and done, I'll have the new Evo sittin on 20's with diamonds in the grille (car grill that is) I dont play when it comes to this kinda stuff and it sounds like they need to fix this across the board, not just me. Sounds like alot of dealerships are avoiding the issue.

11. Rocktight

Rocktight Active Member

Well I just wanted to give everyone a update......

Service department worked on my vehicle for the third time with engineering on the phone. They did numerous things on my vehicle and the end result????? They don't have a fix.

Basically I have been told to contact Mits direct, that there is nothing more they can do for my vehicle and it has not been fixed, service agrees that the veh still pulls left and is not fixable at this point. So they only can wait to hear from engineering to correct and they do not know what that is.

So basically........drive a 2008 vehicle that is broke, cause some more wear and tear on it since its out of alignment......we'll holla at you later.

I see a replacement vehicle in my future.

12. Rocktight

Rocktight Active Member

UPDATE: Corporate rep drove my car and feels its within desired spec for alignment and sees the vehicle as having no problems. Funny thing is, we took a brand new on off the lot and drove it....it was 20 times worse and he stated if that was my vehicle he would advise me to leave it to have fixed or replaced. Thing is, my car was basically doing the same thing as the new one, just not as bad because its been in the shop 3 times. They did another alignment today even. Basically my case is being reviewed for buy back of the vehicle, but I'm sure he'll say its fine even though the service department has told me different. Also, interesting thing was all of the PSI on the tires were different. One was 32, another 36, another 38, and 37 PSI. They weren't like that before the last time it went in, I didnt think to check them after the third attempt, but they checked them today and sure enough they were all different. Are they trying to compensate for the difference? WHO KNOWS. But its been frustrating and I've been told that its a known issue and then some corporate guy says its fine just after having service say they are waiting for engineering and will get back to me on a fix. So I complain, want the vehicle bought back, then a corporate guy comes down and says its fine......lmao, f u Mitsubishi.

13. HomieG

HomieG Well-Known Member

same shit in canada

guys same thing happened to me, drove the car off the lot and i niticed my steering wheel was a little tilted to the left when the car was going straight. took it to them, they didnt fix shit!! its even worse now. have another appointment soon, lets c wut happens. you should have to deal with this BS when ur buying a brand new car!!! so gay!!!

14. WildBill

WildBill Well-Known Member

So...when you have the steering wheel straight, the car difts one direction (in this case left as the majority have said), but if you turn the steering wheel slightly, the car goes straight correct?

I know in my 01' Jetta, mine does that too, but it is not an alignment thing as I have had it checked and the car does not show any abnormal wear and tear. My steering has been like that in that car for almost 2 years. What it turns out to be was nothing with the frame, suspension, wheels, alignment, etc...it turned out that the steering wheel itself had twisted a bit (probably from a hard turn or quick u-turn I made). It is fixable by reseting the joint for the steering system whether that is rack/pinon or another type, I just didn't want to pay for the labor to tear my dash apart to get to it and fix it. It was going to be a $500 plus fix for something minor since it had no adverse affect on the cars normal operation aside from me seeing it and not being use to it at first.

Now, I agree, that a car right off the lot brand new shouldn't have an issue like this as it is normally found in older cars as the seals, joints, and the like, especially those made of rubber composites starts to wear out and need replacing, but you may want to check to see if that is the problem rather than the overall alignment of the car. When in doubt, try to look at the problem from another angel. Most of the time, the we make the issue to be more than it is trying to find a weird of difficult solution.

Bill

15. tallpaintballer

tallpaintballer Well-Known Member

turn to the right it helps alot :D

16. HomieG

HomieG Well-Known Member

that makes sense, im gonna go to them and tell to check that out.
    i kno its common as the car gets older....jus have an issue with the car being brand new and it doing it.....will get it chekc out.
    thnaks eh bill....appreciate it.

17. Malakei

Malakei Well-Known Member

pulling to the left

mine does the same thing. im sure this is a usual thing as its the 1st gen of this model [gts] and im sure there will be problem. i dont think its serious as the warranty will cover anything related im sure, im just going to make a fuss about all the problems ive have with them in hopes that they will give me a good deal with the ralliart when it comes out. Hopefully i wont have to pay anything down and can just go with the new payments.
    maybe by the time the ralliart comes out they will have fixed this and other problems. Also i tried the tire pressure thin and it doesnt make much difference since we have low profile tires, would see it more with something with more of a wall. If it bothers you alot, when you have weight in your car try and distribute it to the frthest right you can, will help a bit more. In the meantime dont waste your time with the dealerships trying to fix it. Wait until we hear word of a recall. Simply let your dealerships know that there is a problem and they should contact mitsu which is cause for a recall, which may or may not get you a new car :p

18. brian360

brian360 Member

My GTS pulls noticably to the left as well... ever since I drove it off the lot with only 6 miles on it! I haven't taken it in to be looked at yet though. On one hand, its kind of annoying because while driving on the freeway, I'll realize I'm holding the steering wheel slightly to the right while the road is curving to the left! On the other hand, my previous car (92 240SX) pulled to the left as well so I'm already used to it.

If I take mine to the dealer, I'll post an update here. From what I'm reading it sounds like they won't be able to fix it, but at least it'll add to the stats so we can (maybe) get a recall for it!

19. aratkrision

aratkrision Active Member

well i tought that i was alone but i noticed this from the 3rd day that i had the car, i wish i could fix it :evil:

20. Conduct

Conduct Well-Known Member

I think we are all in the same boat with this one :? hopefully someday there will be a fix for this