2008-2009 Lancer/Outlander Owners - Recall Notice

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Knowledge Base' started by Texas Aggie, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recalls/re ... furl=email

I got this notice through evom...I called 3 dealerships and they don;t know anything about it. Maybe because the notice just came out today and the information hasn't been filtered to everyone.

Interesting of me because I rear-ended someone 3 weeks after I got my car last July.

Just wanted to inform you guys to keep this in mind.

2. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

Well, I haven't experienced anything like that (yet).

Major problems for me is car won't start (just turns over, doesn't fire) and the crappy paint issue.

3. Texas Aggie

lol...the car starting thing...i heard it was because there is a sensor in the ley and ignition and sometimes something could interfere with the connection...just what i've heard though.

and Mitsu paint blows ass...

4. LuvMyLancer

I've taken it to the dealership twice thinking it was the key, they said the key was fine and so was the car.

It rolled over for about 5 seconds yesterday so I stopped trying, gave it a few seconds, tried again and it stuttered a little but started.

My key is in the same spot everyday, so I dont see why some days it works fine, other days the car wont start at all. I dont do anything different... but it seems to be getting worse.

I am keeping a camera in my car now to video tape each start up. I am determined to catch a video of it not starting so I can show people I'm not crazy lol

5. Texas Aggie

do you have other keys next to your car key?

6. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

Well my car is in the shop for the tranny might have well have this done too...

7. LuvMyLancer

Nope. Nothing. Just the key and a Mitsu keychain. Tried to take a video earlier today it only stuttered for a second then turned right on... but I will capture a video someday... unless it suddenly stops doing it haha.

8. Texas Aggie

ajustesen...just remember that the order isn't completely done yet. the dealerships didn't even know about it yet caue the recall came out today

9. Texas Aggie

that it weird then. that happened to my car a while back but it stopped doing it. i moved my keys like the dealer told me and it was all good. like I said, this is based on what i heard. never researched it though.

10. JDMhammer

I printed it out and my dealer is pretty good about it so if I bring the paper down chances are they will have it replaced for me.

11. LuvMyLancer

Yeah well my key is as close as it can get without being IN the ignition (centre console) so I dunno what else to try. The car won't lock with the buttons on the door unless I dangle the key right next to it...

So... I dunno....:(

12. Texas Aggie

WTF? That's just strange. Did you try using the other key? I switched from both of my keys sometimes...thinking it helped when it probably didn't, but it did make me feel as if I was trouble shooting it correctly...lol

13. Texas Aggie

You have a good dealership??? Wow...what's that like? LOL!

14. JDMhammer

Its awesome :) Last time I had an issue they came and picked the car up from me at work.

15. Texas Aggie

You can't be serious...

16. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

No he isn't. I'm Serious :thumbright:

17. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

why so serious

18. ballmonk23

ballmonk23 Well-Known Member

i dont have much issues starting mine. well when its like 30 out at 530 am it wont start on the first turn. yet nor do i so i guess. its ok

19. BlueBallLancer

BlueBallLancer Well-Known Member

i got my ecu flashed and it was supposed to fix the starting problem... but didn't, although it doesn't happen as much

they say to tap the gas when cranking;

20. LuvMyLancer

Yeah I dunno... it's kinda disappointing when you spend so much money on a car and it has problems