08 lancer Es tuning/ k&n intake tsudo n1 exhaust

Discussion in 'Tune Discussion' started by Kenan Heralic, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Kenan Heralic

Kenan Heralic New Member

I am wondering if I should get my car tuned, I have the following mods posted in the title , the car feels like it doesn't accelerate as it should , sometimes while im pressing on the gas it feels like something is pulling it back, any suggestions as to what I should do?

2. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Your lancer is pullin timing. Its not tuned for it. You can get a pro tune or go and buy rrm's piggyback unit and it will come alive. Piggy back is good for most bolt ons. Tune is perfect for anything. PIggy back you can have as many items take or remove and be good. Tune you have to get with each bolt on to make the most of it. Over all if you have just those two then piggy back is for you.

3. blueking_4

blueking_4 Well-Known Member

Does the piggy back system void your warranty?

4. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

yes. depends on how you connect the wires. If you use posi crimps it would be hard to detect although im sure they will detect it somehow. just disconnect it when you go in for service. but if you choose to flash your ecu aka get a tune its hard to detect that if you restore it back to factory settings before you go in. Im not sure if the newer lancers hold a history on anytime the ecu is read/written. although im sure if he didnt buy the aftermarket parts from his dealership and have them install it he voided parts of his warranty already.