04 Es to EVO VIII front conversion

Discussion in '7G Lancer and older - Customization' started by banditslancer, Mar 7, 2009.

1. banditslancer

banditslancer Member

I would like to get the front evo 8 bumper, the lights and the hood for my 04 lancer es, my question is, would the parts fit snuggly or would i have to make any mods? from eyeballin, the bumper seems to fit flush, but as far as head lights and hood, im somewhat lost. any ideas or info, throw me a line! thanks!

2. CS7A-7G

CS7A-7G Well-Known Member

no, not a direct swap for the 04-06, wont work

someone on evolutionm has done it to the 02-03 series... any 03-06 evo front section ( front bumper, hood, left, right quart panels and headlights ) will work... they direct swap
    whats needed is, front bumper, hood, rad support, front left and right quarter panels and headlights also the front crash bar from an evo too ... the front is a direct swap for the 02-03 series, 04-06 are diff fronts and wont work...

also is the question you will have the wider front and a flat chested rear in the back.... someone in canada has graphted the rear panels of the evo to the base lancer

here is a link to a person in canada who is doing it... you possibly will a evo 8/9 front crash bar too http://www.mitsubishicarclubcanada.com/ ... .php?t=541

im sure the fronts line up too on the 04-06 but it hasnt been verified

here is one pic
    [​IMG]

here is the other
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

check the thread out perty good but just dont go around telling people u have an evo cause you will set yourself up to a epic fail
    to my knowledge, no one has done a conv like this b4.. id love to do the same thing but sourcing parts is issue and money too hehe.. thats why i do small stuff like headlights, tails etc

3. 04RalliArt

04RalliArt Member

The idea is cool, but in reality its not an EVO. I would spend the monies on performance.

4. l_lancer1

l_lancer1 Well-Known Member

+1 just make ur car a sleeper so when people think there gunna kill a reg lancer es they get a kick in there a$$ :D

5. banditslancer

banditslancer Member

lol thanks everyone for the heads up! i've been busy lately, really busy but yea, thanks! i do plan on just keepin it sleeper status, i already got a intercooler for my car, just looking for a 14b turbo, the headers i found on ebay, but definitely i will have a 4g94T!! 8psi max, not going all raw on the turbo, just something small and cool! what do ya'll think?

6. CS7A-7G

CS7A-7G Well-Known Member

thats would be fine just dont push past 8psi.. cause our motors on stock internals cant handle too much boost