03 O.Z.

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by timschoeliertm, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Re: 03 O.Z. update

Intake, tail lights, head lights, rims, tinted windows, carbon fiber pieces, there's a lot of stuff.

2. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

i already have the head lights, and i like these tails cause my car is red. and i like the way my ozs look now. im thinkin about an evo 8 or 9 wing but im not sure if itll look awkward

3. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

The evo 8/9 wing only really works with the 04-06 lancers. Ours look better with the 7 wing. The 02-03 lancer had the body of the evo 6/7 and the 04-06 lancer had the evo 8/9 body. If you want the evo 8/9 wing you might want to change your front end up and steal the back end of the 04-06 lancer. I think it would look akward for our lancers. Thats just my 2 Lincolns.

4. timschoeliertm

i didnt know about that, thanks jogen, i want like the middle of the spoiler to be black, i looked up the evo 6 and im not a an of that haha, the 7 isnt bad though

5. 1slowlance

The 7's spoiler goes along with our year of Lancer. 02-03 Lancer=Evo 7 if I'm not mistaken.

6. Jogenmaru

I've got the evo 7 spoiler now. Its white and doesnt match but I can put up some pics with it on to show you what it'd look like on our car. If you havent already used the interwebs to see it. Just look up an evo 7. Practically the same thing except the rear end. Although the trunks are the only thing that fit universally for all lancer/evo from 02-06

7. timschoeliertm

i blacked out my back badges today. i should be getting my intake today, i will be installin that along with painting my callipers red hopefully sometime during this week.
    heres my basged for now. will post pics of others when installed. let me know what you think
    [​IMG]

8. Jogenmaru

it looks pretty good. I was never a fan of silver. I should do a p.r. but meh...im lazy....hahahaha When you paint your calipers let me know what kind of paint you used. I'm looking into doing the same thing but once again I just got too lazy.

9. timschoeliertm

i got the dupli-color caliper paint kit, it was only like $18

10. timschoeliertm

finally installed my cai i got from lancer2quick. so far so good. it was a pretty simple install, took ab out two hoursm most of it was taking off the lining around the wheel. but only took a quick picture. it started raining about 5 mins after we finish. ill try to take pictures when i wash my car
    [​IMG]

11. 1slowlance

Looks good. Did you drive it yet? Feel a difference?

12. timschoeliertm

cant really deel it, aem says its just under a 10 hp difference, so i wouldnt expect to feel it, but when i floor it you can really hear it suck up air and it sounds really nice

13. Jogenmaru

You have battery terminal covers?! I didnt get those when I bought my abused OZ. And where is that hose thats on the header going to? That seems to be an abnormal location. All the ones I have seen go to where it was originally located. Right after the intake manifold before the MAFS. Looks good though. Im not a fan of the polish look though as it shows fingerprints waaaay tooo easy.

14. timschoeliertm

thats a wire to my o2 sensor. and i wanted the red aem one, but that cost 250, i got this brand new for 60.

15. 1slowlance

Mine has terminal covers, and my SRI is blue. Pretty snazzy.

16. Jogenmaru

yea....i want a CAI again but it rains waayy to damn much here in VA. Although it hasnt "rained" in about 2 good weeks. Which is weird. But I will get one when I get a header, downpipe, and straight pipe with the obd2 plug.

17. timschoeliertm

[​IMG]
    i was cleaning the snow off my car today and thought this looked cool

18. davidlanceres

davidlanceres Well-Known Member

Does look pretty sweet.

19. timschoeliertm

20. slickdevil08

slickdevil08 Well-Known Member

nice man its cool. i like the color with the color of the rims