Y 2 RaY's 2010 RALLIART Sportback

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by y2ray7697, Jun 2, 2011.

1. y2ray7697

y2ray7697 Well-Known Member

Y 2 RaY's 2010 RALLIART Sportback (White Lightning)

It's that time now. Time to make a new progress report for the NEW VEHICLE!!

[​IMG]

MOD LIST:
    20% Tint all around
    Black diamond star overlay (rear)
    White Diamond star overlay (front)
    8000k HID bulbs in headlights and foglights
    Replaced RALLIIIIIIIART Badge (Rear)
    "Spirit of Competition" Decal on hood
    Custom Diamond-Star logos on rear quarter windows
    Tail light "accents" painted
    K&N Drop-In filter
    INJEN Upper Intercooler Piping
    RallyArmor mud flaps (white lettering)

Ultimate Racing Exhaust (Mufflers only)
    Prosport Premium Electronic Boost gauge
    Turbosmart Dual-Port BOV
    HELO HE845 18X8 Wheels
    Pirelli P-Zero Nero Tires (215/45's)

FUTURE MODS:
    White painted calipers
    Black painted stock wheels

RalliArt Shift Knob
    ​RalliArt Door Scuff Plates

Here she is...the day she came in on the truck, ordered JUST FOR ME! In April I contacted my local Mitsubishi dealer and informed them I was ready to upgrade to a RALLIART. The manager of sales informed me that they are few and far between at the moment, but he would do what he could to get me in a new car!

I wasn't exactly feeling the sportback model, but now that I've been using it more and more, I know that it was the right one to go with! Especially since, out of the 3 they found for me besides this one, it was the ONLY one that didn't have any issues!​
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  2. moosemeister

moosemeister Well-Known Member

Wasn't a fan of these until recently. Congrats on the car! :)

3. 03 ES GUY

03 ES GUY Well-Known Member

Only thing is the white. other than that, its a jizz in my pants kinda thing. :D haha

4. y2ray7697

I felt the same way about the white in the beginning, but it's really grown on me...I LOVE IT!

I'll have more pics up soon, I've completed a few projects on it and I'll be bored today...so keep an eye out!

5. y2ray7697

2010 RALLIART Sportback (Tint Project)

Got the windows tinted about a week after I got the car. It completely changes the whole stance of the car being a sportback. I went with 20% on each window. My last car I only did 35% but I figured with this car being white, darker was the ONLY way to go! And, boy was I right!

[​IMG]

Not only that, but the guy I had do the tint even made me Diamond star decals for the rear side windows like I had on my old car, only white this time. I think he did a great job! If you're in the Pennsylvania area, hit up HOSTILE CUSTOMS, in Bernville and mention me for a great deal haha!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also bought the blue decal overlays for the diamond star emblems on the car. I put them on the front and rear emblems, as well as the wheel hubs. I had these on my old car and it took me a while to decide if I wanted to stick with the blue theme I had going on before, or do something different since so many combos go with white. In the end, I went with blue again!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  6. moosemeister

moosemeister Well-Known Member

White and blue? Haven't seen that too much. I'm looking forward to the complete product.

However, definitely digging the Mitsubishi logos on the side. That looks awesome.

7. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Looks good. Still loving the sportback. Lol at the photoshop license plate.

8. y2ray7697

Yeah started all the blue and now every engine part I order has red haha!

9. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

Congrats on the new whip dude! I was wondering why I haven't seen posts from you in a little.

10. y2ray7697

Yeah, I'm really excited about it. I wasn't sure what was going to happen there for a while, until the dealership finally called and told me they found one that would definitely be worth my time. I'm VERY glad I waited patiently!

Funny thing is, I saw my old car yesterday at a gas station near my house and I pulled up the guy and started talking to him. He thought I was just another lancer owner and about five minutes in I told him it was my old car. He was very respectful and didn't try to take credit for the work I put into the car, he told me he bought it all that way and loved it. Makes me feel good to know that my old car is being enjoyed by someone who will respect it too!

11. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

Get him to join us!

12. y2ray7697

2010 RALLIART Sportback (HID Project)

So, I already have the factory projector HID headlights, but guess what...if you all know me, the headlights aren't BLUE ENOUGH! So, I went ahead and did some research and ordered the D2S 8000k headlight bulbs from DDMTuning

I also went ahead and ordered the 8000k foglights from them as well, with the ballasts. All together the bill came to a little under 50 bucks total...can't beat that! The install was definitely NOT a snap, like it was on the GTS. After all my research I found out that the bumper needed to come off in order to replace a headlight bulb in the factory HID housings. Damn dealerships don't want anyone to do anything on their own anymore...it's all a huge moneypit haha. Anyways, here's my progress on it!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

So, after I popped the hood, I went to work removing all the bolts and the clips that were allllll over the front end. The underneath was the most difficult part, of course, because I was too lazy to jack up the car haha. But, I got it done!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Here's how it looked with the new 8000k headlight bulb installed. Of course, you can't exactly tell that it's blue in the daytime, especially with the camera I was using, but trust me, it's BLUE haha. You can tell in the second pic, that the bulbs are a little different. The driver's side has the 8000k bulb in it, and you can see it is a little bit dimmer, which is to be expected when you go to a higher kelvin bulb. But I looooove the blue tint in them!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I don't have any shots of the foglights at night yet, but here's a preview of just the headlight at night. Once again, it doesn't look like it has much blue, mainly because of my cameras white balance and the fact that you're looking at the housing from the side. I'll try to get it corrected soon and get some better pics up!

[​IMG]

13. 1slowlance

Looks good. I would've stuck with some 5000ks or stock HIDs, but I can't believe you had to take the whole bumper off.

14. y2ray7697

I don't even notice any strain like people claim there is with a higher kelvin bulb. I love the way it looks at night and I can see JUST fine haha

15. 1slowlance

I remember when I had my 6k 35 watts, I didn't have to strain to see anything. It still lit everything up pretty well, it was just blueish. They still lit up reflective signs and stuff really well, I just like the white more now.

16. y2ray7697

2010 RALLIART Sportback (INJEN UICP Project)

I decided to go completely different from my old GTS, and started off with performance mods that would matter rather than focusing on the cosmetic features of the car. Browsing through the good ol' Lancershop.com, I found that they were doing a sale on the INJEN Upper Intercooler Piping for the RALLIART, and I was intrigued! But, I remembered back to having my EVO VIII and the upper piping didn't help with anything or give any sort of gains. So, it was time to research! I found out that with the new engine the UPPER intercooler piping is the one that gives the most gains now...so I HAD TO BUY THE PIPES! Funny thing is, the day AFTER I finally purchased them, they weren't on sale anymore...haha!

So, here's the progress on it:

Here's the package as I received it in the mail...or rather off the UPS truck...THANKS UPS MAN! HAHA. I opened it up and it had everything I needed...the connectors, the clamps, the pipes, and a cool new decal WHOOHOO!!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Now it was time to start tearing everything apart! I started by taking off the stock intercooler piping, which is just a standard rubber hose with some heat wrap on it. It's actually REALLY restrictive when you look inside of it too! The worst part is, when you get to higher boost, the tube flexes and you can actually lose soem boost to leaking and just because there's too much air in the hose. Metal pipes are so much better for airflow!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The fun part begins...adding on all the new parts!!! I started by adding the INJEN labeled couplers to the stock metal piping that goes under the bumper, as well as onto the turbo inlet piping in the back by the firewall. This way, I could line up the pipes with these!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Now, I just had to connect the main pipe and tighten everything down to make sure that the airflow was good. Funny thing is, the first time I tightened everything I drove down the road and as soon as I hit a little bit of boost the bottom portion of the piping came off! I pulled back home and tightened it all up better and it's been good ever since!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And finally, I had to represent and put the decal on! It's actually really nice. It has a really night raised silver border around it, and looks VERY official. This is the first INJEN product I've ever purchased, and I must say that I am VERY pleased with the quality for the value of the money, as well as the ease of installation. It only took about an hour to do, with simple hand tools!
    [​IMG]

MORE TO COME SOON!!!!

17. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

What did you do with the other piping? Im might be interested if my temp pipes don't hold.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

18. y2ray7697

The stock piping you mean? It's in my shed. I never throw stock parts away in case I put them back on or sell on eBay...let me know!!

19. 1slowlance

Intake looks nice.

20. y2ray7697

Truly debating ordering my UR performance muffler tonight...Everytime I go to order it I keep thinking...ugh 400 bucks I could spend on other things...IDK...HELP!!!

EDIT: I ordered it last night at 10:08pm haha...

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011