Volo VP12 Performance Chip

Discussion in '7G Lancer and older - Performance' started by ChadD_OZ, Jan 30, 2010.

1. ChadD_OZ

ChadD_OZ Well-Known Member

Well, i just ordered a performance chip tonight. i felt like buying something for the lancer tonight. If anybody has one, leave a comment, lemme know what you think about it. It should be in by tuesday. so ill post up how everything goes. should be an easy install.

2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Where'd you get it from and how much? I've never heard of the company before.

3. ChadD_OZ

voloperformance.com

4. 1slowlance

O. Lol. Makes sense. I'll check it out in a little bit. What type of gains do they project?

5. ChadD_OZ

about 20 hp with a lil mpg gain.

6. 1slowlance

Once you get it installed and everything, let us know how it works, and if you really feel a difference. I've been looking at getting a piggyback, and RRM's is $400, and with some things I've heard about them lately, like bad customer service, I don't know if I want to deal with them.

7. ChadD_OZ

no doubt dude. i just checked the shipping, its looking like thursday. hopefully. yeah the RRM one is crazy money.

8. 1slowlance

Yeah, but I'd rather pay crazy money to a company I've heard of and dealt with before, than pay a little less....well, a lot less lol, to a company I've never heard of. Ya know?

9. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

i agree with hunk, its not like a spoiler or something where generic will pretty much be the same, this is what controls your car. does this chip company warrenty anything abou this chip?

10. ChadD_OZ

for sure. i mean, the reason i went with them, is because i was referred by a friend that doesnt drive a lancer. thats why i was asking if anyone knows about it, so i could get feedback from an actual lancer. the price is pretty low compared to all the other chips out there, but they do warrenty their product. ill let you guys know how it goes.

11. timschoeliertm

good luck bro

12. x32weezyx

x32weezyx Well-Known Member

tat sounds like a steal comparted to rrm...rrm is a huge rip off they charge way to much im glad sum1 found a chip tat is actually a resonable price...let us kno how it works out...and also let us kno wat bolt ons u have on ur car because tat usually helps the chip work better do

13. ChadD_OZ

alrite! so i just installed the chip about 20 mins ago. let it calibrate, and took the lancer for a spin. The company recommends 120 mils of driving for the chip to really calibrate, but just now whe n i drove, i could tell a difference. for one, my car is a lot louder. im surprised by that fact. and the acceleration is noticeable. my redline or top speed in each gear has increased by a few mph, and overall the car just picks up more. so im gonna see how it hold up, and ill post more results. And for bolt ons, i have a K&N intake and high flow magnaflow muffler as of right now. Soon i will ad on my header and cat back. im pretty satisfied but dont wanna speak too soon. ill note my mpg on gas and post that as well. if i can gain access to a dyno, ill let you guys know.

14. killerdragonoz

killerdragonoz Well-Known Member

u also have to use 92 octane gas

15. x32weezyx

x32weezyx Well-Known Member

ewww...92 octane gas...tats not so cheap...lol...imma cheap ass

16. 1slowlance

Herd dat. I'm an 87 kinda guy, ya herd? Lol.

17. timschoeliertm

cheap gas ftw

18. cholooo

cholooo Member

hows the chip going for you dude?

19. ChadD_OZ

the 92 octane isnt required, more recommended. the chip is doing work just fine with 87:) i havent noticed a change in gas milage, but then again, after i installed my CAI i got shit ass milage lol. but it could be the way i drive.

20. 1slowlance

Probably is the way you drive. Lol. Intakes and exhausts and such almost always improve gas mileage.