Tsudo Full/Cat-delete Exhaust System 2.4L FED spec

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by flambouyantdude, Jan 8, 2010.

1. As some of you know, my car was used for the test fit for the Tsudo Catback System that was developed for the 2.0L PZEV car. Of course we all know it was not going to be a perfect fit in certain areas but nonetheless it was put on my car and now it is being developed to look more clean than how it is on my car. About a foot of piping was added from the point where the header ends to the "high flow cat" (you'll know what i mean when you look at the pictures). The guy at the muffler shop in Anahiem did a perfect job at making additional piping to the system to make it look really clean work.

First and foremost, this system is really really loud without the silencer on the 2.4L model since it doesnt have 2 cats and this system pretty much is a cat-delete system with 2.5 piping all the way. my ear was still ringing for a bit on the first day that i had it on plus i had to drive about 30 miles to get home from the shop where it was installed. In my opinion it has a really deep tone to it and it growls from any rpm BUT the sound just dies out ONLY at 2k rpm like you only have the axleback. after that it still screams. with the silencer on, it pretty much sounds like any axleback exhaust but sounds more crisp. the silencer is a bit of a buzzkill because it makes the exhaust look fake but it does do what its suppose to do, muffles the sound more so it doesnt draw cops attentions.

Performance wise, i was testing it on the freeway on the way home, on 5th gear our cars usually dont pull away even if you pound it to the ground, i pushed about 50% in and it just started pulling away, first time i've seen it go from 70 to 90 faster than before. so far i have not mess around so much with it as to launching it and whatnot but so far i am impressed with it. tho it will not pass smog at all because there is no cat on it, the 2.4L FED are cali exempt anyway so nothing to worry about for me.

all in all, i really like how this exhaust system looks, it looks a lot better than my own custom axleback that was previously on it. the sound is also a bonus as it doesn't sound so ricey as to other systems that i've heard. performance, something is there and is waiting for me to unleash it. final product which tsudo will do will be much cleaner than my version so there won't be any modifications needed, also it goes perfectly with all of the stock hangers so no need to move anything.

i rate this 10/10 because its a pretty good product even tho it was made for the 2.0L model, because it looks a lot better than my old axleback, the sound with/without the silencer is bearable and it makes the car sound a lot better, there's some performance (not really expecting much since it is just a straight pipe on an N/A car), and because i got it practically for free.

here are some pictures that i've taken from the exhaust to the header.
    a sound clip will be up soon with the silencer on and off.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this is the part that had to be modified to it would fit the car and also reach. the original end pipe was too short so it had to be cut off so this piece had to come on and finish the fitment perfectly. Tsudo will be developing a more clean version of this later on.
    [​IMG]

2. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

Looks good, but this would be considered a header back exhaust.

Personally, I would have cut the muffler and put in a high flow cat, but that is because I have to pass smog inspection once each year... :x

3. grizbone

grizbone Well-Known Member

? Interesting to know, also im not sure what you're doing, but my 5 speed "walks away" just fine at free way speeds. Even pissed off a lil gangsta wanna be in a focus trying to "race" , and i only have 2.0.........

4. andyk30

andyk30 New Member

looks good

I purchase my exhaust from ERZperformance they gave me a deal