sluggish response and intake going crazy

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by BlueDevilLancer, Jul 6, 2010.

1. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

So recently, my Lancer has been having some issues. Just a little background info, I have about 37k miles on it with a CAI and pulley. When accelerating sometimes, the car has a very slow response and the intake goes crazy around 3500 rpm as if it were sucking in a lot of air but the car isn't moving at all. This will happen through "1st, 2nd, 3rd, and sometimes 4th". I'll see if i can get a video posted soon. I took it to the dealership and one mechanic said my car's A/F ratio might be a bit off. Any ideas suggestions or help? Thanks

2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

The air to fuel ratio sounds like that could be the problem. I think a friend of mine was experiencing this same problem. I'll have to get with him, and see what it was for him and how he fixed it.

3. BlueDevilLancer

thanks. the first time i had the problem i changed my dirty air filter and it was fine. now its only been two months and its coming up again.

4. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

it does sound like an air/fuel prob...try putting back the oem intake back on and see what happens

5. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

The same thing happen to mine i took the intake out and put the stock back in cleaned the filter and then tried it again. Solved the problem but the sluggish response came back 2 months later.

6. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

I actually had a hair stuck on the MAF sensor when mine had this issue. I just Picked up some MAF cleaner and threw it back together...nothing since.

7. BlueDevilLancer

Shawn did you ever fix the problem? I ran mine today with my CAI without any problems but i'll convert my back to stock for a short time and check out my MAF as well

8. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

Try removing the negative terminal of your battery for 15min. Then bolt it back in place. See if that does anything.

9. BlueDevilLancer

i tried to convert my intake back to stock but one screw on my MAF was stripped so that option is out. i'll bring it into the dealership tomorrow and see whats going on with it

10. YoshiBishi

YoshiBishi Member

My car has been doing the same thing.. it feels like the more parts I put on it, the slower it gets -_-.

11. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

Hey sorry i missed your reply my car has a mind of its own it can be sluggish for one day and then ride like a dream and smooth the a month. I honestly think its the RRM intake which is going away shortly. Im almost tempted to just get a drop in. I already bought the RA snorkel from Jake and that actually seems to help a bit with better airflow. What did the dealership say when you took it in?
    Yoshibishi sounds to me like you need a tune. You can throw all the parts you want on your ride but if they are not working in synch and properly its just dead weight.
    Yo