running spray on the 08

Discussion in 'Nitrous' started by BigSteve, Feb 3, 2008.

1. BigSteve

BigSteve Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of running spray on my 08, but i dont wanna be a guinnie pig. lol anyone got the balls to do it? I heard someone ran a 50 shot a few times and didnt have any probs.. can anyone confirm? has anyone thought about running spray besides me?

2. blacksheep818

blacksheep818 Well-Known Member

a 50 shot is fine, it shouldn't hurt the engine at all

3. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

ive thought about it.. i was just waitin on you to do it and see the results :D

4. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

Yeah I wouldn't mind thinking about doing it, but I would like to see some one else try first.

5. BigSteve

BigSteve Well-Known Member

i heard that some guy on evom did a 50 shot and had no probs but I dont know if its been confirmed..

6. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

nah i wouldnt do it...even though it had no probs on it for now, but what about in the long run...i mean if you keep shooting it with spray...then it will eventually mess your engine up...costing you even more...i dont know bout those rich kids out there, whose money grows from trees...

7. Mitsu008

Mitsu008 Well-Known Member

yea 50 shot would be best i wouldnt run anything else just enogh not 2 damage anything asked my uncle a while back in his dragster

8. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

just remember,every shot you take is at least 5000 miles on ur motors life gone.im not saying its bad its just you know it wear on the motor.

9. Mitsu008

Mitsu008 Well-Known Member

thats if u plan on running it on a stock application, if you have the right setup and make sure its dont right with the injectors you wouldnt have 2 worry bout any whear on the engine unless u dogg it out.

10. grizbone

grizbone Well-Known Member

Yea I think 5000 miles is a bit excessive for a calculation for engine wear. I've known many people that have run nitrous for years, shooting probably at least 50 times a year and engine still runs fine.

Seems to me as long as set up is down correctly, instead of just buying the cheapest kit you can find and plugging it in. Things should be alright.

11. gatzaraki

gatzaraki Well-Known Member

I'M about to by the NOS SYSTEMS,AND YES is going to be a 50 shot,adn after 2 or 3 test pass why not the 75 :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ,as soon i'm done I'll let you guys know

12. lancered

thats what were all doing now arnt we??your all talking about running nitrous on stock applications,50-75 shot is safe on stock but still wears down the motor no matter what.think about it guys.if your trying to make a 10 second car,i can see upgrading your injectors and stuff but then i think youd need alot bigger shot than 50 my friend.

13. lancered

its a calculation,give me that,but youd have to know it still wears it down,but yur right. the right setup eont hurt the motor,but in the long run.im not bashing guys,im just conversating :lol:

14. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

well if you guys got the money...then go for it...think about the new engine block we have...aluminum...the people that you guys have ask have different type of engine block, primarily cast iron ones...that is why the car that they drive were still ok to work....

15. grizbone

grizbone Well-Known Member

Actually most of them have the 2.2L ecotec engine in their cavaliers. All aluminum.

16. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

You should not run a 75 shot until you have a way to take out some spark timing.

17. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

to make our car a 10 second car you will need A LOT of money and mods... not even the evos are close to that.... our car is a ~ 16 second car... to shave 6 seconds of your 1/4 mile run you have to invens in basically a whole new engine in internals upgrading, turbo system, metering system, engine management, fuel system, etc etc etc..... plus the nitrous if you want to fit it into the equation... lets sat a 150shot

all that $ and time to kill the whole thin in half a second with a n2o backfire LOL

all im saying is our cars are REALLY far from being a 10 second car...

18. gatzaraki

Who said anything about 10 sec.car? :?:

19. angryGTS

angryGTS Well-Known Member

And if you tune it, just like you would for turbo

20. gatzaraki

this is for once a week or every two weeks run,everybody should know who you running against so if you try to run a 10 sec. car, 8O ,common dudes.
    everybody knows what ours cars can do.so this is more for fun,and if somebody don't try it how are we going to know what are they capable of?
    :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: fu_k fear,i will send you guy pics.. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: