oxygen sensor problem

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by SoulEater13, Oct 19, 2011.

1. SoulEater13

SoulEater13 Well-Known Member

ok so i have this sensor problem since may 2011. i keep getting a low voltage code for my number 2 sensor and then it went to number 1. the dealership traces it and replaced the number 2 once and then they replaced the number 1 once, they have replaced ( threw parts) alot of things, even new ECU and flashed. its currently at the dealership and the Tech Reps in Cali said replace number 3 sensor since it hasn't. has anyone had this problem before? also my idle is kinda all over the place, i read something in here about cleaning the TB, how would i go about that. thanks.

2. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

The low voltage could be caused by a bad ground. The exhaust actually grounds via the header bolts on the block. Sometimes that connection is too restrictive for the signal that is going to the sensors. Try running some sort of ground wire from one of the header bolts to another location on the block.
    As for cleaning the TB, I posted a how-to in the DIY section. It's for the 04RA, but should be somewhat the same.

3. SoulEater13

ok, i will give a call to the dealership about it. they are pretty cool people there. i have some issues with my SRI and they are gonna take care of that for me and it wont even void warrenty. i think it was your post i read, ok. i just wanted to be sure before i start takin things apart.

4. aznboiultra

aznboiultra Well-Known Member

Man that is pretty cool mit's dealship rep. A couple of dealerships use to be near me won't let me do any kind of mods not unless I want to void my warranty. Even if I have them do it, it will still void it too lol. Maybe thats why they got closed down, not enough people like them.

5. SoulEater13

yeah that dont make sense. if the dealership puts it on for you (yea its gonna cost you) it shouldnt void warranty because they installed it. they make money by doin that. but, since i have been to the service alot, since may this year. they are prolly willing to hook me up.