Scheduled Update Major Update: Moving Servers and Domain Names 1st Week of February!

Discussion in 'Forum News, Updates and Feedback' started by JDMhammer, Jan 5, 2012.

1. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

Hey Guys,In an effort to consolidate all my accounts I will be closing my hosting account that LancerTuners is currently hosted on (GoDaddy.com). We will be moving to a brand new location hosted by Dreamhost.com. GoDaddy no longer provides a viable, affordable solution and frankly their servers seem to be getting slower and slower. Over the next couple of weeks i'll be working to reduce the foot print of LancerTuners so when it comes time for the move we should only be down for about a day.

The estimated date for the move will be the first week of February. Ill keep you all filled in as we progress to that point. Keep connected to us by our Facebook or Twitter pages, during the move ill be posting a lot here so everyone is up to date with it.

If you want to see how fast the new servers are head on over to my site: alexjustesen.com

Optimization List
    This will be a running list of operations performed while optimizing our database before the move.
    [HR][/HR]1/24/2012 - (JDMhammer) Moved all attachments and images to a file system from the database.
    1/25/2012 - (Jogenmaru) Started locking old threads and deleting old FS threads or duplicates. (ongoing)
    1/26/2012 - (JDMhammer) Removed All PM's of users that have not logged in within the last year and have over 300 PM's
    1/26/2012 - (JDMhammer) Cleared Auto Save Cache (this will be performed again right before the move)
    1/26/2012 - (JDMhammer) Cleared Search Cache (this will be performed again right before the move)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  2. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

If there is anything i can do just let me know boss

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

3. JDMhammer

will do... i will probably need you as a tester when i get everything moved.

4. 03 ES GUY

03 ES GUY Well-Known Member

Godaddy is losing evvvvveeeerrry body. Lol

5. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

That's what they get for supporting SOPA!

6. JDMhammer

Yup hahaha

7. JDMhammer

Ive got just shy of 560MB to transfer over to the new servers.... you guys sure do post a lot!

8. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

We're awesome like that.

9. 03 ES GUY

Damn that's a lot of posts, but is 560 mb a lot to transfer? How does the process work?

10. JDMhammer

A lot is attachments, 400MB~ish and the rest is all in a database.

Its not hard its just going to be time consuming. Ill have to close the forums for a couple days to move things so we dont have any data loss and then ill open it back up once i've confirmed everything works.

11. 03 ES GUY

Only one I think that'll have LT withdrawls is hunk. Lmao

12. JDMhammer

^^ LOL and Marcus

13. 03 ES GUY

Marcus not as much lol. Hunk posts random ass shit in the RTT about football lol. Which is totally what the thread is for lmao. :D

14. JDMhammer

Maybe you guys should start a Football thread... lol

15. JDMhammer

Just thinking outside the box here

16. 03 ES GUY

Alex, we're so happy to have your innovative mind here :)

17. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I see how it is. I don't read all the threads in 2 days, and ya'll be hatin'.

18. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

:thumbup:
    Im mad I got tossed in the same league as Lance. His withdrawals are so much worse than mine.:p

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

19. JDMhammer

<-------------- Add that to the reasons why I run this shit lol.

Marcus.... your not as bad lol

20. JDMhammer

I've moved up our moving date!