L2Q's new wheel questions..

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Suspension' started by lancer2quick, Jun 7, 2013.

1. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

So....As you guys know...I've had to do a ton of work to the new Lancer just to get it 90% to my standards. I'm going for tires next (because the damn thing still has the OEM Yokos on it and are basically drag radials now)...and anm trying to decide if I want to go ahead and invest in wheels and tires or just throw some tires on the stockers. I can swing a set of tires right now, but wheels/tires would put me back another three weeks or so.

I've thought of just about all the options there are with size, color, finish, etc., and have come to this conclusion:
    16 or 17 inch (more likely 16's)
    satin bronze finish
    OEM tire size (205/60/16) if I go with 16's
    and yes...It will be lowered soon, ha

What do you guys think about these? they're MB Weapon 16x7 w/ 43 offset

[​IMG]

This is just one of the possibilities, and there are more...but I think these are my pick so far...

2. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

I dont know any of this off set stuff. But I was thinking 17's with a smaller sidewall on coil overs. Just my thoughts.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

3. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Wheels are right though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

4. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

White on bronze. This dude knows what's up.

5. justin_lancer

justin_lancer Member

Go for 17s and run like 215/45/17 or 215/50/17 and get like 17x8s

6. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Word. So here's what I have done....I bought a set of Bridgestone Turanzas with about 70 percent tread left for 100 bucks. had them mounted and balanced, so I'm in about 150 bucks. I'm going to get life out of these until I order the new wheels/tires sometime soon. Hopefully in about a month...

7. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

16x10s. Do it. Lol.