JOJO's 4G94 PR

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by Jogenmaru, May 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Been here for a little while. I haven't done much to the car just yet but I have plans. They are going through very slow like. But that's gonna change. Anyway on with some pics.

Ok so everyone know what a base lancer with a wing looks like
    [​IMG]

Came across some issues with rust with the exhaust
    [​IMG]

Bought Road Race Motorsports exhaust. I shoulda got the header/downpipe combo when they had it
    [​IMG]

Sold the oem tail light housing and picked up these. And bought the spider lights the following week
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is a better shot with the tails
    [​IMG]

removed the lancer spoiler and picked up the Evo 7 spoiler. Removed the 3rd brake light from spoiler and put it in between roof paneling and roof metal.
    [​IMG]

I bought some new tires. Nitto NT450. I really am a bit disappointed with them. They feel...weird. 205/55/15 Not a good fit on the OZ wheels. Maybe that are under inflated. I will know later on today. The back wheels seem to look fine though.
    [​IMG]

And my latest decoration
    [​IMG]

Next on the list is some coil-overs next month. The following month will be rear discs brake conversion. And a few months later will be to finish the exhaust work.

2. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

tires are suppose to be 195/60.

3. Jogenmaru

i know. I was trying to see if anything else would fit properly on the same wheels. I wasn't able to find the specs on the OZ wheels. I didnt really look hard. But I will most likely replace these soon.

4. Jogenmaru

Ok so the tires have been broken into and now the suspension feels normal again. Don't know why that is but whatever.

Im thinking about gettting the carbon fiber centre blade for the evo 7 wing. The wing is yellow now to match the car. I also want to cover my roof with a carbon fiber vinyl and c/f hood. Do you guys think it would look ok. I dont want to c'f the trunk but if you guys think it may look better let me know. Gettin tinted next week hopefully.

5. Jogenmaru

6. timschoeliertm

thats cool, too bad you cant see the needels that well.

7. Jogenmaru

They can easily be seen. It's just my phone is a horrible camera.

8. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I like the normal Evo cluster more, but I imagine your new one is a lot brighter at night.

9. Jogenmaru

I got's some new toys. I can really only use one right now...but what ev. Ones going on in 2 weeks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  10. timschoeliertm

i wanna go turbo :[

11. Jogenmaru

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I didnt have too much time to let it dry all the way because I thought it was going to rain with the clouds looking ominous and what not. I may go back and do a touch up on the head cover later when the turbo is finished. And yea I know its dirty. I didnt clean it while everything was off. I should have though. And I changed the head gasket and valve cover gasket and the gasket for the spark plugs. Getting to the head gasket was a bitch.....that's all for now...

12. 1slowlance

Baby blue? Meh. Shoulda gone with lime green. Lol.

13. Jogenmaru

I was looking for a blue in general...more or less dark blue. I didnt want a red other wise I would have just bought rrm's cover. I can do my calipers dark blue though but not my cover which i thought was gay.

14. 1slowlance

Looks good though. Better than silver. Lol.

15. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Hey...don't knock the baby blue.....almost painted the R/A a baby blue with some white pearl in it. Any color looks better than stock, though. nice work homie...

16. 1slowlance

No color looks better then grey. You should paint the Lancer GG, Marcus. Join the club. Do eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttt.

17. timschoeliertm

pretty color haha

18. Jogenmaru

Ssoooo. I was wondering a few things. Should I go ahead and buy an intake for my turbo kit or should I use the evo oem intake and put a cone filter on it. Either way I'm spending close to the same amount. Most of you are going to say go aftermarket. And if anyone can point me in the right direction for an intake so I won't have to move my battery. I don't want to get a little battery either. Those things are not my friends. And I am not looking forward to doing a bunch of rewiring for my radio and other stuff.

Oh, also what color should I get my fog lights?
    Blue, yellow, or white.
    They are hid fogs.
    http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Projector-Fog-Light-HID-Ready-CCFL-Angel-Eye-Halo-p/ot_projector_sku73.htm

I'd have to change out the actual harness and what not since we aren't H3. We got stuck with 9007 and not 9006. Poopy head mitsu.

Anyway...just a few thoughts for anyone to help me with. Nix the yellow....it's not pleasing to the eye. So white or blue?

19. davidlanceres

davidlanceres Well-Known Member

I was gonna say go yellow, then go white! Blue is too ricey imo. But it's up to you.

20. 1slowlance

I like chocolate milk. Evo OEM intake, and white fogs. White=clean as hell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.