Gauges

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by SoulEater13, Mar 30, 2012.

1. SoulEater13

SoulEater13 Well-Known Member

ok, so i have been trying to do some research on building up a gauge pod for my 2012 GT. i want to install 3 gauges, tranny temp, oil pressure, and engine temp. i know that the car comes with a engine temp thing, but i want a digital with numbers on it. i know what gauges i want but i have no clue on what other pieces of hardware i need and where to install them. so this is where i need the help guys. i need some guidance, and my motor is the 2.4L if that makes any difference at all. thanks.

2. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

I'm interested in this, as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. SoulEater13

its a great thing to have those gauges, even if you engine is not modified heavly. its just something to keep an eye on the temps and pressures of your motor. ya know?

4. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

My question though is why have 2 engine temps? Pretty ridiculous to me. I know you said WHY, I guess it just doesn't make sense still.

5. SoulEater13

lmfao, yea i know what you mean and i still think its kinda weird, but its what i want. unless i change my mind and monitor something different. lol

6. SoulEater13

ok, so i found a great website that has gauges and its pretty much a kit really. but i have the site on my work computer so i will get that website when i can and post it up here for everyone.

7. evilstig4b1

evilstig4b1 Well-Known Member

Autometer.com

One gauge you SHOULD look into is the A/F ratio. That's almost a MUST. Oil temp is mostly for older cars, and as for the coolant gauge... waste of money, bro. Let's be honest. I'm also on the market for gauges. All I'm doing is the A/F ratio and possibly one more. Is there a a legit reason why you wanna BMF on the coolant temp?

8. SoulEater13

yea i was thinkin about the A/F gauge. i dont want to watch oil temp, its oil pressure guy. the coolant, i want a digital numbers so i can have the most accurate. the lancers dont feature a digital number gauge, its just a bar.