Evo springs

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Suspension' started by justin_lancer, May 20, 2013.

1. justin_lancer

justin_lancer Member

Hey i was just wondering if ralliart or evo x springs would make me lower then stock (lancer es). If they do would it still void the warranty because its technically oem springs?

2. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Yes they will void the warranty because they do not fit.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

3. justin_lancer

justin_lancer Member

hmm, i guess eibach or tein springs then

4. Jogenmaru

Tein in my opinion

5. justin_lancer

justin_lancer Member

Ordered Teins

6. Jogenmaru

YEASH! I am going to do the same thing soon. Which ones did you get? The stech or htech?

7. justin_lancer

justin_lancer Member

I got the s-techs, 2.1"drop front and 1.9"rear, i cant wait sooo pumped

8. greyhat.007

greyhat.007 New Member

What's diff with "h" tech?

9. Jogenmaru

Htechs are 1.5" front and 1.1" rear drops. And they cost more.

10. 03lances

03lances Member

I wish you lived closer I have a set of S-Techs sitting in my garage I pulled out when I installed the coilovers. They were on my car for a bout a year and a half. Don't want to deal with shipping the things though so until I find a local they be chilling :).

11. justin_lancer

justin_lancer Member

Got my s-techs installed looks great and drives like a totally different car

12. You trim yuour bump stops? If it feels like they bottom out, cut the bump stops down by half. Teins area really agressive drop and normally wear aout the struts quickly if you go lower than 1.5" drop. That's why i asked about the bump stops. that low and if bump stops are not trimmed it will fell like the struts are bottoming out. which they are but just on the bump stops. Bump stops keep the struts from compressing too far and blowing the strut seal. Trimmimg it down half way is perfectly safe. just no more than half the length. Enjoy the handling you got now man. You do sways yet?