DRLs

Discussion in '7G Lancer and older - Customization' started by ChadD_OZ, Jan 30, 2010.

1. ChadD_OZ

ChadD_OZ Well-Known Member

Alrite, i have an 03 OZ just to put that out there. lol. anyways im looking to set up some DRLs (daytime running lights) on the lancer. Me and my friend were thinking, just take the wiring from the turn signal and splice it, and take the wiring from the parking light and splice it, basically swapping the connections between the two. So my turn signals would always be on as parking lights, and the side markers would be my new turn signals. Im looking for opinions on doing this and also does anyone know any other way to do the DRLs. Another question, does anyone know where i can find 7507 bulbs (the turn signal bulbs) in a JDM yellow color? Thanks for any feedback

2. ThunderOZ

ThunderOZ Well-Known Member

Are you trying to do something like what I did?
    [​IMG]

3. ChadD_OZ

kind of. i was going for kind of like the new lancer, pretty much any new car. they have headlights on in the daytime. but i was going for the jdm yellow look to go with my HIDs. so they would both be on at the same time. basically making the front turn signal into another headlight.

4. 2010_GTS

2010_GTS Well-Known Member

www.v-leds.com is a great place to look into they have just about any bulb u can think of and prices r very reasonable. as far as your wiring goes i'd b carefull with that you dont want to over load the circuit, yea its just a ligt bulb extra but sometimes thats all it takes to cause a short.

5. ChadD_OZ

i just ordered the lights. i got yellow 1156 with silver over painting. it makes it a cleaner yellow. Yeah thanks man, i will, my friend did it in his lancer already and it is doing alright. but i dont wanna fry my car lol

6. 2010_GTS

not a problem dude, its always better to b safe than sorry.

7. ChadD_OZ

yeah dude no doubt. the last thing i need is to burn up my lancer lol

8. ChadD_OZ

alright. i switched my wiring. did a clean job with the splicing and reconnections. and it looks pretty sick. im just waiting for my yellow bulbs to come in, i have hyper whites in there now. i was gonna take a pic last night but it was too damn cold. lol.

9. 2010_GTS

lol! a great place to look for bulbs and leds is www.v-leds.com prices r pretty reasonable in my opinion

10. jester

jester Well-Known Member

why not just turn the hadlights on when you start the car and it will become habbit and the lights will be on I know that on mine if I leave the headlights on once i lock the doors the lights automatically shut off so I just leave em on

11. FAC3L3SS

FAC3L3SS Well-Known Member

You may get the bird from oncoming traffic. If you're at a light waiting to turn left, the cars across from you ALSO turning left may not be able to see your signals since they're on the side of your car. It's located in the front so cars directly in front of you can tell you're turning. Your sidemarkers already covered the signals for the side.

12. BlackSheep03

BlackSheep03 Member

I put a fog light bulb and wired them to the accessories and put it into were the turn signals were. and moved the turn signals to the parking lights. worked for me and looks pretty good. ill try to post pics when on the car
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  13. Evilution

Evilution Member

that works..i did the same thing..i spliced and swaped the connections..i used a nokya hyper yellow 1156 bulb..its looks really nice.. i just wish we had some fog lights for our cars