debadging

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by SoulEater13, Oct 25, 2011.

1. SoulEater13

SoulEater13 Well-Known Member

i been hearing alot about debadging your car. how do you do that? i have seen some youtube videos and the way they do it takes forever. is there an easier way?

2. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

I let the car sit in the sun for a bit and used some thread to take mine off. Then I used some bug and tar remover to get the last of the glue and foam off.

3. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I used floss, but realized afterwards that fishing line might work a lot better. I've heard of some people using blow dryers to heat up the glue as well, but didn't do all that.

4. SoulEater13

ok, so all in all, some elbow grease is involved. cool. thanks for the tip. ima give it a try when i get my car back from dealership. they are replacing the power side of the wire harness. still under warrrenty so im happy about that.

5. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

There's a bunch of videos on YouTube about how to debadge cars. It's pretty easy, just requires a little work. Fishing line is probably better than dental floss, and a hair dryer would help loosen it up, especially now that it's not very hot out anymore.

6. SoulEater13

yea, i just picked up some bug and tar remover by turttle wax. so once i get my car back i will work on that. thanks for all the help everyone. im sure it will turn out really bad ass.

7. jdmSTIG

jdmSTIG Guest

Use a heat gun and heat the badges up (wave the gun back and forth) and pull them off. Hella simple.

8. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

This might work on newer cars, but some older ones the glue is nice and old and stupid.

9. jdmSTIG

jdmSTIG Guest

this is true. lmao smh. heat it and see what happens!

10. slickdevil08

slickdevil08 Well-Known Member

funny story here my friend got really mad at his dad and punch his emblem really hard lol. needless to say he put a nice dent and after he put the dent there the elbem was hanging on by nothing and the ding came right out. so this could be an option as well lol

11. SoulEater13

i debaged the car, it looks really nice. except some of the glue didnt come off, unnoticable unless you get close. i will try later, it is pretty cold out.