Coilovers I think?

Discussion in '7G Lancer and older - Suspension' started by Madmike, May 7, 2013.

1. Madmike

Madmike Member

I am going to get a new suspension I am looking to see if any one has any thoughts on coilovers? Any help or input will be appreciated.

2. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Only true words of wisdom. Do not buy those cheap ass sleeve coils. Buy the real deal.

They will make your ride a lot stiffer. I had megan coil overs on my 03 lancer. I did not mind the stiffness but my passengers hated it. Until I went around the corners and they were like Omg so awesome. But you will feel everything. And I mean even the tiniest rock. But performance wise. Go for it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

3. Jogenmaru

I was on 15" wheels with a 195/55/15 size tire. Stock tires are 195/60/15. But the smaller side wall looks much better. I had megan coilovers too. I could drop it maybe another 3 in the front and another 1 inch in the rear at that time. But I would have rubbing issues.

Attached Files:

4. Madmike

Madmike Member

What size rims and tires are u running? I was looking at bc or tien?

5. Madmike

Madmike Member

I have 17's with 215/45/17 ill have to see how that matches up I already rub a lil.

6. Jogenmaru

On this car I would never go bigger than 16's. You will rub a lot if you go lower than an inch and a half.

7. Madmike

Madmike Member

Inch and a half should be plenty. How easy is the raising and lowering. I dd the car so it sees a lot of snow:(

8. Jogenmaru

It is easy with the applied keys. Just keep it oiled up. It does take time though. Once you do the initial install and familiar with the process it should take about 30 mins to an hour to adjust the height all the way around.

9. Madmike

Madmike Member

Now I just have to decide what brand. And how much I wanna spend

10. Jogenmaru

Megan, tein are the only reputable names I can think of for that year lancer

11. 03lances

03lances Member

I have always recommended teins. Every car I have ever ridden in with teins has been a great ride and stiff but not bone jarring. I had tein lowering springs then upgraded to full tein coilovers. Not sure how much of a drop I have currently but I am running 205/45/17 with little to no rub. I am guessing with your 215 you wont be able to go as low without rubbing. Depends on your wheel offset though.

12. Madmike

Madmike Member

What tein setup do u have a pic of the car?

13. 03lances

03lances Member

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  14. 03lances

03lances Member

Couple of pics. Don't ask about the pink flamingos lol

The drivers side has a bigger gap because the lawn sinks down a little from the driveway but this gives you an idea anyways

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Madmike

Madmike Member

Finally decided and I ordered Bc br series coilovers. Hope they were a good decision!

16. Jogenmaru

You are going to want to get smaller wheel setup. Anything bigger than 16" setup to me is distasteful. But I am not sure what the look is you are truly going for. But normally when someone goes coil overs they want to go lower. A lot lower.

17. Midnightkid

Midnightkid Member

Personally, I stick with 15's. They're a good size with plentiful cost-effective options. Excellent for the budget-minded track enthusiast. I'm on Yokohama S. Drives (205/55/15) with Megan coilovers.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  18. Jogenmaru

Go back to 195. Your turning during rain will be better

19. Midnightkid

Midnightkid Member

I live in Las Vegas, so rain isn't an issue at all lol.

20. Madmike

Madmike Member

Next thing I want to do is get a set of 16s but I just bought new tires so I gotta get rid of what I have first