{Angel Eyes} Installation Guide and Support Thread.

Discussion in 'AutoMoGlow.com' started by eKtor, Jan 20, 2009.

1. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

Ok guys the "how to" is done.

This is the same thing that is going to be shipped with the angel eyes.

Any concerns, questions, feedback, troubleshooting or whatever related to the angel eyes, post here.. dont open new threads for them. posting them here will accelerate the help.

Here it goes:

AutoMoGLOW’s Angel Eyes
    2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer (non-projector headlight)

Installation Guide

This is the guide to install the AutoMoGLOW’s Angel Eyes. Before we start, this is a medium-risk operation, meaning that there are chances of damaging car parts, or yourself. AutoMoGlow or the writer of this guide take no responsibility or are liable for the damages that this installation process might generate. This has been done many times before, so with patience and precision, this should be a fairly easy process.

The CFL rings are extremely fragile. Handle with EXTREME care. AutoMoGLOW will not cover for your snapped rings. The rings are packed perfectly well, so we know that they will not snap during the shipping process. Again, handle with extreme care.
    Steps

1. Preheat your stove oven to 215 degrees F.
    2. Remove the bumper. A step-by-step guide of bumper removal can be found at http://www.projectlancer.net in the “How to’s†section.
    3. Remove the headlight assemblies. There are 3 main bolts holding the headlight on. Remove them all, and gently take the headlight off.
    4. The headlight has a few bolts holding the clear plastic with the black plastic. Take them off and you are ready for the baking.
    5. Put the headlight on a cookie pan/sheet and carefully place them in the oven.
    6. Now for the baking time, due to the fact that all ovens are different, results will be a bit different for everybody. Start with 5-minute increments. After baking the headlight for 5 minutes (using hand protection, remember ITS HOT) take the headlight out of the oven and put it on top of a heatproof surface.
    7. Try to pry the headlight open using a big flathead screwdriver. It is going to be messy. That putty is a pain in the neck to take off of things, so be organized and careful with it. For me, 5 minutes in the oven was enough. If it is not coming apart, put it in the oven for another 2.5-5 minutes and try again.
    8. Once you have opened the headlight, the rest is really easy. Remember, the rings are extremely fragile. Using a few pieces of double face tape, tape them to the rims, the high beam and the low beam. See image #3 for positioning reference. There is no “set†location, so if you feel like it, use your imagination and change it up a bit. The way I did it on the picture is the easiest way.
    9. For the wires coming from the rings, to do it correctly, you need a big drill bit and a drill. Drill a hole on the headlight, pass them through the hole and seal the hole with silicone. You can use the openings behind the actual lights, but this will require you to run the cables through the same opening used for the high/low beams, preventing you to seal that opening and the headlight will fog up.
    10. Once you have both rings taped nicely to the rims, its time to seal them back up. They should look like image #4 before sealing. I did mine with silicone instead of double face tape but it was a lot harder and time consuming.
    11. Put the headlight back together, pressing both parts together hard, enough for you to be able to snap the clips that hold them together. Once you have both parts firmly put together (with the oven already heated to the temperature mentioned in step 1) put the headlight back on top of the cookie sheet/pan and put it in the oven for 2.5-5 minutes. This is just to melt the putty and bond both parts together. Take it out of the oven (remember, it is hot) and press both parts together even harder. Now screw all the bolts you took off of the headlight earlier. Now you are ready for the second headlight!
    12. Repeat steps 4-11 with the other headlight.
    13. Once you are done with the headlights, proceed to bolt them back to the car.
    14. Once you have them back on the car, put the bumper back together and you are done!

Electronics

There is no correct way to wire them up. I wired mine to the city lights. This means that I don’t have them in a separate switch, and they are always on. (I have HID lights without a relay, so my headlight switch is always on) The only reason I did this is because my angel eyes are white. Any other color IS illegal and you cannot have them on while driving. You can wire them to a separate switch in the car if you want. Again, there is not correct way to do this. All you need is a 12v source interrupted by a switch, and a ground cable going to somewhere in the chassis or directly to a negative source.

IMAGES

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My aftermarket alarm blinks my city lights. Since I wired the angel eyes to the city lights, now the rings light up with the alarm... here is a video.

[​IMG]

Discuss.

2. Automoglow

Automoglow Well-Known Member

Some Daytime shots...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Automoglow

Updated pictures of the blue halos....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. mpirklbauer

mpirklbauer Well-Known Member

Nice,
    Can you show, how you managed it with the switch?

5. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

135+ views and only one reply.... seriously, what the fuck?

6. dive_junkie

dive_junkie Well-Known Member

Mine are on order right now and trust when I get them you will probably be hearing from me lol. Looks nice. I love how you have it wired in the alarm. I don't have one installed yet but when I do I'm going to do the same thing if I am able to. Sick dude.

7. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Lol, man I will be adding my install pics when I install mine. My gf doesnt want me to install them until after my bday (Feb. 24) becuase this is kinda like my gift.

8. Automoglow

Only a few more days left on this offer!

9. dive_junkie

Here's a question for you ektor. How bad did it stink up the house when you threw the lights in the oven? lol.

10. pimpinfern

pimpinfern Well-Known Member

not as bad as his farts

11. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

ROFLLLLLLL

12. dive_junkie

ROFL. What's even funnier is I was actually serious. I really don't want to stink up my house. LOL

13. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Hey eKtor, I PM'd you.

14. pimpinfern

pimpinfern Well-Known Member

To be honest it dont even stink up the house

15. dive_junkie

Good to know and one less thing for my wife to gripe about.

16. 4B12LancerGTS

4B12LancerGTS Well-Known Member

Nice wright up Ektor! I definitely love the blue halos! But man i dont trust myself enough to 'bake' my lights :( since im bound to fuck up somewhere lol! But they are great love the car keep it up!

17. CHIjones2008

CHIjones2008 New Member

What type of paint did you use for the black-out of the light housings? I am a 60's-70's muscle-car guy who is hooked on this new Lancer I bought (started out being a daily driver now I love the handling and performance)and I am going to go to town with it...one of the first things is this angel eye install...........

18. Automoglow

I got a few AE kits left if anyone wants them they are 65.00 shipped just PM me

1 red kit
    1 yellow kit
    3 white kits

19. jacob1bc

jacob1bc Well-Known Member

20. jacob1bc

jacob1bc Well-Known Member

well i'm putting on my last set of rings. first set came out good. will post pics when i'm done.