2009 lancer gt

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by kevinandrade09, Feb 26, 2012.

1. hello everyone im new have had my car for a few years now and now looking to upgrade it tint exhaust intake you know that kinda stuff looking for help suggestions and such if y'all could help that would be cool.

2. OchoLancerGTS

OchoLancerGTS Well-Known Member

Hey I too am just starting to add mods to my car. I bought an exhaust, debadged it, blacked out the grill, next is an Evo style hood and lowering springs. I got tint for my taillights too, if you have any questions just let me know and I can try to help ya and if I can't I'm sure someone will know! Welcome to LancerTuners by the way!

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?frsdke

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  3. SoulEater13

SoulEater13 Well-Known Member

Ocho, this is LancerTuners.

4. OchoLancerGTS

5. SoulEater13

Ocho...............time out chair in the corner.......lol sorry bro had to do it. lol

6. OchoLancerGTS

7. have u tinted ur windows yet? ocho.. or souleater?

8. OchoLancerGTS

9. SoulEater13

yea, mine are done. i just need to take pics and post them on my PR page.

10. what percentage are ur windows?

11. OchoLancerGTS

12. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

i was thinking the exact same thing. although here in va both are illegal. Its supposed to be 50% in the front and 35% in the rears. But thats just stupid. Might as well not even have tint.

13. OchoLancerGTS

Haha right? I'm pretty sure it's illegal here in Ohio too, but I had a trailblazer that had 15% on all the rear windows and that was from factory.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?wrg3t3

14. SoulEater13

they cant do anything about factory. but i have 25% rear and 35% front with a 5% strip. all illegal in VA, yes. do i give a shit......no. cops wont say nothing unless your being stupid and then they can get you for the tint. i believe they have to have some kind of anaylizer to test the tint to legally give you a ticket. like i said, i believe they do. i could be wrong. im starting my degree in criminal justice in april so when i learn more stuff about laws, i will fill you in.

15. Jogenmaru

SUV's are allowed to have 0% in the rear. LOL
    All states.

16. OchoLancerGTS

17. Jogenmaru

and this is also somewhat true. They do have to have an analyzer to give you a ticket not unless it is clearly 20% or less. If its night time they really cant say for real. but in broad daylight they can do what they want. Although, you can bring it up in court that he didnt have a spectrum analyzer or what ever they are called. And its possible it could be thrown out that way. Also, ive seen/rode with ppl who were driving normal and still get pulled over for tint. Just VA cops in general are harsh(being nice here).

18. SoulEater13

aaahhhh i see, yea its a spectrum analyzer. i have met a few VA cops, fairfax county, and they where pretty cool. one cop lived below me in my apartment building and he was really cool. but for the most part, they are harsh. on a daily basis of going from home to work and vise versa, i see at least 2-6 cops pullin someone over.

19. ya idk why there so dumb that way but in winnipeg they aint that bad unless ur really heat with it just dark as heck but the legal here is 35% all around im thinking bout 25% or 30% all around

20. SoulEater13

go for it, it'll look nice.