2002 Lancer - Only Battery light on - Battery & Alternator checks good

Discussion in '7G Lancer and older- General Information' started by waid302, Apr 1, 2015.

1. waid302

waid302 New Member

I have a 2002 Lancer with only the battery light on. The brake light is not on. I had the alternator & battery checked at 3 different places and both checks good.

Any idea what would be causing just the battery light to be on ?

Thanks

waid

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  2. waid302

waid302 New Member

At the battery with car off, my multi-meter reads 12.2V. With car on it reads, 15.5V. However, with my Android OBDII Scanner, it reads 14.4V.

Waid

3. waid302

waid302 New Member

Found the problem! The Orange battery sense wire (Pin 2 on B-25) at the Alternator was broken but still attached to the alternator. I started from the Battery and traced it back to find where it was disconnected. Once I connected it, the light went away and all is well.

What is interesting is I went to 4 different auto parts stores with the Alternator and Battery and got 4 different answers as to what is bad. One AutoZone said the Alternator was bad and other one said it was good and both said the Battery was fine. O'Riley said Battery and Alternator was fine. CarQuest said Battery was bad and Alternator was good. So go figure!

Thanks

[​IMG]