y2ray7697's 2008 Lancer GTS **UPDATED**

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by y2ray7697, Dec 8, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. y2ray7697

y2ray7697 Well-Known Member

y2ray7697's 2008 Lancer GTS

I'm gonna try this one more time...every time I put this up it seems the site goes down and gets attacked or whatever. WHY DOESN'T ANYONE WANNA SEE MY PROGRESS BOOHOO! HAHA!

I bought my Lancer on May 21, 2007, right off of the truck. I had been at the Mitsubishi dealer getting an oil change on my 2005 Lightning Yellow Evolution VIII, and saw them roll it off the truck..I knew I HAD to have it haha! A lot of people think I'm crazy for trading in an EVO for a Lancer, but guess what...I DON'T CARE HAHA! The new Lancer is a lot more eye-catching in my book.

[​IMG]

EXTERIOR MODS:
    * 8000k HID Low Beam headlights and Foglights from DDM Tuning's sister company, Apexcone
    * Blacked out front bumper and grille with Plasti-Dip
    * Blacked out rear spoiler accents with black vinyl
    * Blacked out License Plate Surround
    * Ghost flames behind front wheel wells and by the headlights
    * 20% tint, all around with moleskin felt to prevent scratching
    * Tinted Tail Lights with Nite Shades
    * MITSUBISHI Windshield decal
    * MITSUBISHI symbol on side windows
    * De-badged rear trunk lid
    * CUSTOM GTS Badge on the grille
    * Blue reverse lights
    * Blue overlays on Mitsubishi logos (front, rear, and wheels)
    * Blue accents painted on engine cover, spark plug cover, and fuse panel in the engine bay
    * Blue wire loom in the engine bay
    * Blue LED city lights
    * Blue LED underglow lights by StreetGlow

INTERIOR MODS
    * DVD Bypass to watch DVD's while driving
    * PILOT Racing pedals
    * LANCER door sills
    * LANCER Floor mats
    * Shift boot on CVT Gearbox
    * Blue overlay on Mitsubishi symbol on the steering wheel

PERFORMANCE MODS
    * Tsudo Muffler with CUSTOM 3" Exhaust
    * Takeda Retain Short Ram Air Intake
    * Takeda Pro Dry-S Air Filter

FUTURE MODS
    * Racing Radiator Cap (ORDERED)
    * Blue interior Lighting

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  2. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

Re: y2ray7697's 2008 Lancer GTS

Hey nice mod list you got there. Post up some pics when you get a chance progress thread is always good with pics :D

3. y2ray7697

Yeha I know, I'm working on it uploading everything to my ImageShack client...Should have pics up by 2!

4. y2ray7697

Let's start form the beginning...

[​IMG]

Here she is...bone stock, about three weeks after I drove her off the lot! She's a looker, I must say...but she could be BETTER! Much potential here

The first modification I made was painting the engine cover. I knew I wanted to go with a blue and silver theme for my car, so the decision I made was to paint the cover blue...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wasn't too happy with the way it all turned out, it was a little too shiny for my taste, and it looked really cheesy. So, I sanded it all down and decided to go a little bit different

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Then I took off the spark plug cover and painted accents, in blue, in the indentations

[​IMG]

I still wasn't happy with the way the engine cover looked so I sanded it down once more and repainted some things BLACK. I also painted the fuse panel cover blue, with a silver accent representing "SPEED" in Japanese, and loomed the wires a little bit.

[​IMG]

MORE TO COME!!!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  5. y2ray7697

Some old pics of my underglows...last Winter
    Forgive the bad quality of a few of them...they were taken with my old PALM phone! Not a good camera in those!

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Some pics of the Ghost Flames I put on the sides of the car...

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A lot of people think that my car is scratched when they first see it, but when they look closer, they're blown away at what they see! Definitely get a lot of compliments from this mod!

Blue Mitsubishi symbols on the wheels...

[​IMG][​IMG]

MORE TO COME!!!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  6. y2ray7697

A lot of people don't understand what I mean by blacking out the accents on the rear spoiler, so I thought I'd post that up first. Everyone knows about blacking out the front bumper and putting the ralli-art chrome around it, but I thought the rear spoiler needed something a little extra...especially since my car is silver.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Also, here's the pics of blacking out my front bumper, for the Ralli-Art look!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

MORE TO COME!!!

Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
  7. y2ray7697

Here's some pictures of my car, from a few weeks back before I did some new mods that I'll put pics up of soon! This was BEFORE I painted the front bumper...the black on the front you see, if a vinyl decal. It still looks good, but close up it's off center by a little and my OCD doesn't like that very much haha!

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll have pics up soon of the NEW paintjob I did on the engine bay, as well as my HIDs too!​

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  8. y2ray7697

Re: y2ray7697's 2008 Lancer GTS *UPDATED PICS 12/8/09*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's the newest, and hopefully LAST version of my painted engine cover! I basically just flip-flopped what I had. A black cover (used plasti-dip and it looks awesome), and blue accents! I even did a little artsy thing on the bulge in the top left and added a blue accent!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I redid the custom GTS bagde...hit it with some plasti-dip and put it on the driver's side rather than the passenger side...you can read it when I'm driving towards you now, rather than just a silver rectangle in the grille

[​IMG]
    The Blue LED City Lights!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    8000K HID low beam and foglights by Apexcone!

I'VE GOT A VIDEO COMING VERY SOON!!! STAY TUNED!!!

9. vivimatsuk

vivimatsuk Well-Known Member

Re: y2ray7697's 2008 Lancer GTS **UPDATED PICS 12/8/09**

nice ride man. car is coming out good. i like the ghost flames. its kool cuz u cant see them but wen u do, its suttin u dont expect

10. y2ray7697

Re: y2ray7697's 2008 Lancer GTS **UPDATED PICS 12/8/09**

It's not a Lancer, but it's still come of my work haha!

I took my girl's 2006 Hyundai Tiburon and did some paint work on it the other day. I had Plasti-Dip left over and decided her front end could use a makeover too! I Plasti-Dipped the top part of her grille as well as the bottom part, and added the chrome trim I had left over as well...looks sick as hell! Nothing like it around here at all!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

The 551989 License plate on the front she had custom made...it's her birthday. I guess so I won't ever forget it haha! How can you forget Cinco de Mayo?!

I even went ahead and Plasti-Dipped her spoiler too! It has a middle part, which is sunk in, and the two ends are higher up and I knew it'd look sweet painted black.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Let me know what you all think!

Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
  11. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Re: y2ray7697's 2008 Lancer GTS **UPDATE 12/14/09 (TIBURON)**

That looks pretty good. I'm usually not big on the chrome trim, but on that Tibby, it looks pretty snazzy.

12. y2ray7697

I know, I didn't know how I'd feel about it either, but once I put it on I loved it! It really seems to finish it off on her car

13. xSoni

xSoni Well-Known Member

looks pretty good I like it =O

14. y2ray7697

Re: y2ray7697's 2008 Lancer GTS **VIDEO UPDATE**

Here's a quick video I made with all the pictures I had of my car over the past 2 years! I hope you guys enjoy it! Lemme know what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqJpfHQkuBw

2 years in the making...many more to come!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  15. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

Re: y2ray7697's 2008 Lancer GTS **VIDEO UPDATE**

dude both whips looking awesome keep up the good work!

16. y2ray7697

y2ray7697's 2008 Lancer GTS **SUMMER UPDATE**

Hey everyone, it's great to be back! I'm excited to show off what I've done over the long, cold Winter months! I got my exhaust REDONE finally! I took it to my local exhaust shop and had them reuse the TSUDO can and just do a custom cat-back pipe. It's SOOOOO much louder now, and almost sounds like my EVO did years ago. So, I'm happy with it. Here's a comparison of the OLD and the NEW

OLD
    [​IMG]

NEW

[​IMG]

Here's a few pics of what the completed car looks like as it sits now. Gamers will recognize where I got the idea for my hood design, Rockstar Games' Midnight Club:LA...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Onto a project that I documented! This one was a long progress for me, because I was really nervous to do it the right way -- Tinting my Tail Lights!

It started out I tested out my methods on a spare pair of tail lights I had from my Dodge Neon YEARS AGO! They came out OK, but I couldn't be sure, so my girl let me have her stock tail lights from the Tiburon and i tested on those too until I got it JUST RIGHT. I bought a Plastic Primer solution and VHT NITE-SHADES, from my local Pep Boys. Then...I WENT TO IT!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They look EXTREMELY dark during the day, but all the light shines through them just fine and I've had no problems whatsoever. Pennsylvania laws state that there must be a reflector on the rear end of the car, and seeing as our reflectors are on the bumper, this isn't breaking ANY laws! I'm VERY proud of this mod, and it was super easy. If you plan on doing this DO NOT exceed 3 coats. I did 3, but any more than that and you won't be able to see much AT ALL. THAT becomes an issue!

Let me know what you think guys!​

17. y2ray7697

y2ray7697's 2008 Lancer GTS **SUMMER UPDATE**

TEST

18. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Tail lights look really good. I agree on the amount of coats as well. Anymore than three, and pretty much nothing will show through. Lol.

19. y2ray7697

Takeda Retain Short Ram Intake

Hey guys! Back once more with another update! I FINALLY got my Takeda Intake and installed it the other night. It screams louder than anything and I LOOOOOVE IT! As always, I took pics during the entire process so here ya go!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here's the engine bay right after I got the stock intake taken out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    All the pain and effort finally pays off and I got it in WHOOHOO!!! If you look at the engine cover, you can also notice I finally took the time to touch up the paint and it looks A LOT better and brighter too!

The following day I went to a car show here in PA, near Lancaster, if anyone knows where that is. It was to benefit a girl who was killed on July 4th of this year, so it was definitely worth it. I have a lot of pics, but for now just gonna post the ones of my car. Believe it or not, I was the ONLY Lancer there...PERIOD. It was still a great time though, and I even won an award! Second place for "Engine Dress-up" GO ME!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll have more updates soon! Lemme know what you all think!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  20. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

video of the noise man?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.