Wrecked the lancer .. :(

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by TILMakeEmTap, Jan 15, 2010.

1. TILMakeEmTap

TILMakeEmTap Guest

Well I was going down an isle to get a parking spot and a lady backed out in a mini-van and hit my front left fender. It's pretty rough .. bent the fender and cause some damage to the paint. My painter thinks I'm going to have to get the entire fender replaced. I'll post some pictures in the morning when it's light enough outside.

:(

2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear, man. Could've been worse, ya know? Who was at fault? Her? I'm sure you got the blame though, because you were younger...

3. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

^^thats probably the way it will go. Let's hope not though. If you do have to replace the fender, you could go aftermarket.

4. CRAZY-LEGS-20

CRAZY-LEGS-20 Well-Known Member

i know how you feel...i got my rear bumper hit...minor damadge but im syill pisted off cuz i have no idea who was it

5. TILMakeEmTap

TILMakeEmTap Guest

She was at fault for "improper backing" .. so it's covered over her insurance. I have to get the driver's side fender replaced, the custom paint replaced, and the hood and drivers side door realigned. It's sucks but I'm glad it wasn't worse then it was .. if I would have been just a little bit further up she would have hit my driver's side door.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Ouch. Not too bad, but still...just the fact that you have to go through all that. Sorry to hear that.

7. TILMakeEmTap

TILMakeEmTap Guest

It's no big deal honestly .. I'm just really glad my gf, the other driver and myself weren't harmed. Also glad that it wasn't bad enough that it totalled my car out and it's a simple fix (hopefully). My insurance is going to give me a rental car until it's fixed .. which should be Monday morning to get a quote and figure out how much it is to get the parts in. I'll keep everyone updated on what happens.

8. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

at least you can still drive yours

9. TILMakeEmTap

TILMakeEmTap Guest

Well I got my quote today for a $1,200 job .. who knew a simple fender bender would cost that much. Since my paint job was insured I have to get that, new fender and my alignment redone. Plus a $250 deductible.