Winter tires size

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by TheGrub, Aug 29, 2008.

1. TheGrub

TheGrub Active Member

Hi, i have a 09 GTS with the standard 18" Mags and i am starting to look for winter tires. Does anybody know if i can drop to 16" for winters ? Will it fit on the GTS ? If it does, i suppose i should get the same standard size as the GT version ?

Thanks

2. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

16" is the lowest you can go with the gts... it will work as long as you get the correct offset. I don't think width will matter much.
    I'm probably going for some 16" steelies with 205/65/16... or something of the sort

3. Mpitera

Mpitera Well-Known Member

Are you guys using the GTS Rims or are you just getting a whole new set just for winter??

4. TheGrub

TheGrub Active Member

Buying a hole set of steel wheels with winter tires on... Lots of snow and calcium on the road here... eats up you mags in you keep them on !

Thanks for the Reply.,.. i can just base myself on a GT model to get the right offset and dimension right ?

5. RedGalant2k1

RedGalant2k1 Well-Known Member

Yes, most major tire sites or dealers will have a recommended tire and wheel combo for winter. A 215/55R16 is closest to the factory 215/45R18s. Though I'd suggest a 205/60R16 the skinnier the better in winter.

6. aj_pierce

aj_pierce Member

26/60/16 is what come's stock with the DE for the rims you would want a 5x114 offset I do believe.