William's 2009 Lancer GTS Progress Report

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by Fuz1On, May 10, 2011.

1. Fuz1On

Fuz1On Well-Known Member

Fuz1on's 2009 Lancer GTS Progress Report

Hey guys. I am currently in the process of installing the AIT C-Weapon Body Kit and painting the whole car Satin White w/Pearl (not sure about the pearl though. I had a set of GTS rims powdercoated black and will install those after the paintjob. I also need to install the TWM short throw shifter and Lancer halo eyes. So far, I've got a good amount of stuff on the car. Here they are.

RRM SRI
    RRM 4-1 HEADERS
    RRM ALUMINUM CRANK PULLEY
    RRM TIMING CONTROL BOX (Not installed yet, they forgot to send me the damn included pin to attach it, LOL)
    TSUDO FULL HEADERBACK EXHAUST (CAT DELETE)
    G.R.I.P LOWERING SPRINGS 1.5/1.4
    VIS TERMINATOR GT CARBON FIBER HOOD
    TOURQUE SOLUTIONS MOTOR MOUNTS, FRONT/SIDES
    LED GLOW 7 COLOR SLIMLINE LED UNDERBODY KIT (Not installed yet, being installed into the AIT body kit)
    AIT C-WEAPON FULL BODY KIT (BEING PREPPED RIGHT NOW)
    2 SETS OF RIMS. ONE OEM, ANOTHER OEM POWDERCOATED BLK. (currently sitting on oem stock color)
    TWM SHORT THROW SHIFTER (Not installed yet because I think I'm missing some pieces. LOL, I moved city's)
    LANCER ANGEL EYES (Not installed yet because noone wants to do it. heh everyone is scared to touch it)
    EVO X LICENSE PLATE
    Blacked out front with Red Mitsubishi Logo (just painted it and will most likely replace it with a carbon fiber Mitsu sign)
    Debadged back completely. No Lancer, or Mitsubishi sign (again, looking to put on the Carbon Fiber sign)

Please check out my pics and let me know what you all think. Thanks guys/gals. Peace

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Welcome to LT. Looks like you've got your plan pretty much set out.

3. Fuz1On

Fuz1On Well-Known Member

Thanks bro. Yea, pretty much have a vison for this car. Only need money to realize it. Little by little, inch by inch but I do appreciate suggestions and opinions. :D

4. streetracer82

streetracer82 New Member

pics pics pics it will help

5. Fuz1On

Fuz1On Well-Known Member

Basically, this is what I want to do with the car.

*I want to take this car... (my car as it sits now)[​IMG]

*And put this body kit on (Which I already own) This one seems to have some fitment issues around the hood and center top part. I will make sure mine is not like that. And my hood will be CF anyway so it will be harder to detect in that case.
    [​IMG]

*Then I will paint it this color with added pearl/flake (Which one do you guys think is best.. pearl or flake?)...I wont paint the hood.. (which I am currently waiting for the body shop to call me to do) Also debating paiting the rooftop satin black/ or plain black.
    [​IMG]

*Then put these powdercoated rims on (sitting in my living room with no clearcoat... yet.) My buddy said he could put clearcoat with pearl/flake, on these. That way it matches the paintjob too. The round center cap will also be black and the mitsubishi sign will most likely be painted the same satin white w/pearl or flake. Calipers will also be done, might choose red or white. I know it will get dirty quick if white. LOL. Also, lugnuts will be powdercoated white.
    [​IMG]

* After that, I will have the LED GLOW SLIMLINE 7 COLOR kit put on into the body kit. (also sitting in my living room)

[​IMG]

*At the same time of the paint job I will also have the arches/gaps/whatever its called on the spoiler painted satin black, or black. Like this one but this one is a sticker/decal/vynil.

[​IMG]

* After that, I already ordered two CF Mitsubishi Logo's on Ebay. One for the front, the other for the front grill. This one has a plastic black base, others have chrome base. This one is sick. Might paint the base satin white.... Debating it.
    [​IMG]

* I also wanted to remove the regular grill insert and buy the RRM or other company FG/CF grill insert with mesh... After getting this grill, I will see if the CF mitsu emblem fits in here. If it does not, I will simply a. leave it blank b. put in a RoadRace badge...
    [​IMG]

Lol, what you all think??? There are plenty of other things I want to do like...... interior led, interior racing/leather seats, cf rooftop, cf trunk (maybe, if I do pick one it will be the duckbill one, nasty!), clutch kit, slotted rotors and new brakes, turbo, etc. Turbo will be the last thing I put on it, oh yea and a invisible forcefield to protect all this crap from that asshole that doesn't care about your ride. LOL

6. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

Welcome and nice list you got there i cant wait to see it done. Love the CF emblem i have one im about to put on as well. Since you seem to like white did you think about painting the outside edges white, CF in the middle with a white border. It could look crazy sick

7. Fuz1On

Fuz1On Well-Known Member

Thanks man, I can't wait to see it all done either. I am almost as stoked as the EVO 3D coming out (which I pre-ordered at BestBuy, YAY!) Yea, that was what I was thinking. I posted that in my thread reply.... just above the picture of the emblem. Did you read or just a picture viewer?!! LOL

"* After that, I already ordered two CF Mitsubishi Logo's on Ebay. One for the front, the other for the front grill. This one has a plastic black base, others have chrome base. This one is sick. Might paint the base satin white.... Debating it." !!!

Another thing I forgot to mention is that I also want to get 6000 HID's for bottom and top. And a whole bunch of other stuff I'm not remembering.

Also let me know how your HALO LIGHTS INSTALL GOES. I have had mine for like 7 months without installing them because people are scared to do it. Damn puss..... cats. LOL I know i'm supposed to bake them in the oven like a cake, lol, but my oven doesnt have a 180 degree setting!

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  8. Fuz1On

Fuz1On Well-Known Member

STATUS UPDATE!!!! ​

PAINTJOB PENDING! (Will start working on it soon)...​

NEW UPGRADE!!!!​

6000K HID KIT (LOWBEAM) (HIGHBEAM AND FOGS COMING LATER!!)​

PICS!!!​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The hood is popped in both these pics so don't be like, DUDE HUGE GAP! lol Also, for some reason the picture shows this light to be more blue than it actually is. The lights look badass and now all I need to do is put on the AutoMoGlow angel eyes! It's gonna be a B to do but that is the plan. It will look sick!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can see where the bottom lip is messed up and just below, or next to his right wrist, his hand you can see a little crack! I just had him buff the lens to remove some of the hard to remove dead bug, and other scratches, residue! LOL ​

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  9. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

My bulbs look hella blue too...but they shine with just a hint of blue on the roads....if I take a pic, you would be like...ILLEGAL!!!!

10. Fuz1On

Fuz1On Well-Known Member

lol, do you have 6k's? I may consider moving to 4k, I want a pure white, but I rather have a hint of blue than a hint of yellow. Plus, the automoglow angel eyes look like the exact same color as these 6k's so I will be glad for it to look amazingly equal. HELL YEA!

11. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Pure white is 5K. 4K is a little less than. Oem lights. Oem is 4300.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

12. Fuz1On

Fuz1On Well-Known Member

I swear I was thinking that as I typed but just ignored it, lol. always go with your gut i guess! Yea, I still like the 6k's though, they will match the AE perfectly so I'm not worries, plus it looks badass while driving. :D

13. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I've got 5ks. Just took a picture of the road in front of me the other morning on the way to work. I'll post some pictures up on my pr if you want to see them. If not, I'll do it anyways.

14. Fuz1On

Fuz1On Well-Known Member

Sure no problem, I'm glad that all I have to do to switch to 5K is just buy the bulbs! No need to buy the kit when all you need is the bulb!

15. slickdevil08

slickdevil08 Well-Known Member

yeah i currently have 8k HID's in my ride i love them to death

16. Fuz1On

Fuz1On Well-Known Member

Thanks for voting for me bro

17. slickdevil08

oh no problem at all man :)

18. Fuz1On

Fuz1On Well-Known Member

PICS!!!​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Will be uploading many more pics when the project is done!!

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  19. slickdevil08

nice ride man like the pics!

20. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

This is exactly what I want my car to look like lol. Needless to say, I love it dude, nice work.