why is there no 9G section to this site?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by Brojynks, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Brojynks

Brojynks New Member

i have noticed that all the 08 and up models are posting here in the 8G section. im not trying to be a dick or anything but it only seems right tht we should have our own section for our generation of lancers as well. if no one believes this is a 9th gen i do has proof.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Lancer

this has all the years the lancer was ever in producton from 73 celeste to the current 08-12 lancers

2. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

there really is no real reason. Because there are different things that factor into a different generation. What I classify as a different generations is a different engine and chassis. Mainly a different engine. I dont classify the 02-03 lancer as the only 7th gen lancer because it has a different body than the 04-07 lancer. They are the same engine with only 1 difference. The 02-03 have a return fuel system and the 04-07 dont. They are different body styles though even though still the same sub chassis. For anyone to say it is a completely new generations is bogus. But at the same time if you did then there are technically 10 generations of lancers. since the 08 and 09 lancer have the same engine and the late 09+ lancer have the same engine. Although basically same body style. Many things factor into it. I truthfully think that there is only just the 8 and not the 9 or either there are 9 but not 10.

plus anyone can edit wiki

3. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is an argument that has been made numerous times here on LT, as well on other sites. I agree with Jogen on this one though. There a many factors that could classify a "new gen" of car....but I am in agreement and go along with his side.

4. Brojynks

Brojynks New Member

actually the 7th gen was the semi mirage body style. the 8th gen was the 02-07 lancer. the mid gen fascia upgrade is even stated in the 8th gen as a marketing tool to help sell newer lancers. the only thing that i liked about the mid gen upgrade was the 2.4 4G69. thts about it.

there was a link before from mitsubishi that i am searching for that actually clearly seperates the generations.

5. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Do you just want to hear "You're right?"

6. blueking_4

blueking_4 Well-Known Member

Lol!

7. SoulEater13

SoulEater13 Well-Known Member

i say, who gives a crap?????? not this guy. why you say????? because all these cars are awesome, so who the F$&# cares??????

8. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

I go by the Evolution's generations. Makes sense, right?

9. blueking_4

blueking_4 Well-Known Member

You mad bro?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

10. SoulEater13

SoulEater13 Well-Known Member

kinda, its just so damn pointless. but Hater's gonn Hate. lmfao