Which HID's to get?? INSTALLED CHECK LAST POST

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by RALLIART, Jan 31, 2008.

1. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

Ok i have finally decided to get some Hid's and i have few questions especially to the guys that already have some on their lancers.

1..which temp to go with 8000K or 10000K
    2.. can you point me to a link where you bought yours?
    3.. is really more expensive ones are the better ones? ( normally i dont sound like such a noob which i am not to car world but to HIDS i am). I was pointed to some on ebay with 2 year warranty for 75.00 shipped. And his work great and has no problems with them.

please point me in the right direction and any opinions are welcome...

2. Dukekid0987

Dukekid0987 Well-Known Member

I believe ektor is coming out with some if you want to ask him

3. RALLIART

i dont wanna wait too long, wanna get them within a week, my bday is coming up and my folks are buying them for me...

4. Dukekid0987

5. Mitsu008

Mitsu008 Well-Known Member

id go with the 8's thats what im gettin like a cyan blue

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Thought u had a hook up with ur bro over seas?

7. gatzaraki

gatzaraki Well-Known Member

get XENTEX in 8000k,like i did :D

8. midunn

midunn Well-Known Member

With the temp it really depends on how blue you want your headlights to look. I myself wouldn't go higher than 8K but it's all personell preference, the higher the temp the more blue they get.

9. Nemo420

Nemo420 Well-Known Member

sup brotha-
    im not sponsered by them but i like their products. get mobilehid.com hid kit. it comes with the relay and they work great and i love how they warm up and get brighter. i went with 6000k, looks like the stock BMW headlights and went with 4300k high beams. 4300k is pure white and puts out the most lumens. i think 6000k is perfect for low beams, nice white with a hint of blue in them. ill take some pix tonight and post them.

10. azn_ghetto

azn_ghetto Well-Known Member

i have helios 6000k on mine

iv heard good things about xenon storms

if i were u i wouldnt go anything beyond 8000k but thats just me

11. Dukekid0987

ahh nemo i thought it was you who has the mobielhid i wasnt sure though 8) didnt want to tell him the wrong person

12. Nemo420

hahaha, yes i have them but im not the only one on here that does. i think Karan has the 5000k ones.

13. Dukekid0987

oo well i figured it was someone i wasnt completly of then :p but i think they work great though hopefully when money rolls around ill buy some too

14. Nemo420

yeah man, i highly recomend them and their customer service is great too. i love the way they came out and i love how i have no more drl's :p

15. Dukekid0987

alright ill take your word for it... how much was it for all high and lows?!

16. Nemo420

i got mine at a discount. but i think they retail for $179 for the lows (they come with the relay) and i think $139-149 for the highs (no relay).

i could be wrong and they could be more or less, not to sure. your going to have to talk to them to get the right price quote.

17. Mada

Mada Active Member

i went with golden eyes hid kit 6000k great hint of blue if thats what youre looking for [​IMG]

18. grizbone

grizbone Well-Known Member

I was always under the impression/told that its not a good idea to run HID's without projector style lenses/housing whatever. It seemed to make sense to me because the projector lense would focus the intensity of the of HID, rather then one big blinding blast of light for oncoming traffic.

19. Nemo420

i dont know about that one, mine are angled correctly and looks normal.

20. RALLIART

well i actually went the slightly cheaper way and got the xentex ones i think 2-3 ppl on here have them and are happy with them, so i got the 8000k temps 9006 bulb for lows, we will see what the outcome will be, if i dont like it i get something else...