Which Head Unit, Panasonic or Kenwood?

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by spiderman671, Jun 22, 2008.

Which Head Unit?

1. Panasonic CQ-VX100U

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Kenwood DDX6019

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

2. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

bump :roll:

3. jacob1bc

jacob1bc Well-Known Member

i have only used panasonic. i liked the unit, but i have heard good things from kenwood. i would get panasonic. sorry not much help

4. HudsonFalcon

HudsonFalcon Well-Known Member

It looks like the Kenwood has slightly more features but no matter which you choose you can't go wrong, they're both very high quality units from top-of-the-line manufacturers.

5. lordayne

lordayne Well-Known Member

6. Dotter

Dotter Active Member

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/ ... _and_specs

This is the one I am most likely getting, roughly 1600 installed with sirius, navigation, and steering wheel controls I would go with the kenwood only for the fact that there are "less moving parts" that can be broken. I've seen many people break the single din DVD player screens because of the fact that they stick so far out of the dash.

7. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

KENWOOD KENWOOD KENWOOD LOL
    =) i.m.o.

8. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

Appreciate all the feedback. Seems like I might go for the Kenwood unit. Now just to get a dash kit & harness.

9. Dotter

Dotter Active Member

Dash kit and harness are easy to get. The bigger problem that you will have is if you have the RF system. If you do you will need a digital amp turn on which costs about 160. Without the amp being on you will get no sound out of anything since the sub and speakers are all run through the amp, or you could get a 5 channel amp and just rewire the sub and speakers.

10. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

I only have the DE so no RF system. Would I have any problems with that?

11. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

I hate kenwood, love panasonic. Why not go for the Panasonic CQVD6505U? Its a double din unit.

12. Dotter

Dotter Active Member

Not that I am aware of. You should be in the clear

13. HomieG

HomieG Well-Known Member

i have a kenwood in mine with built in navi and everything. love it!

14. SoflaGTS

SoflaGTS Well-Known Member

neither
    from customer experience at ym store i say neither lol