When using a stock intake...

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by OchoLancerGTS, Oct 1, 2012.

1. OchoLancerGTS

OchoLancerGTS Well-Known Member

Do you have to use the snorkel? If you have to where could I get one? Anyone on here selling one? Thanks

2. Zninja

Zninja Member

The snorkel brings in cool air and I have es and I bought ra snorkel I would say it helps and give better air flow then stock es one. Here Is link where I got mine ceapest place I found it so far http://www.mitsubishiparts.net/catalog/?section=1146#2295

Here is pic so you can see difference ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349050967.071789.jpg

3. OchoLancerGTS

Well I just bought a stock intake from someone and it doesn't have the duct. I just need to know if I can install it without one.

4. Zninja

Zninja Member

Is it a after market intake and the only reason I say use snokel is because the point of intake is bring air in and not hot air but some people don't use it. You don't have to have snorkel but it does help bring cold air in than sucking in all the hot air in your engine bay

5. Zninja

Zninja Member

My bad Mia read u can use with out snorkel but I wouldn't recommend it

6. Zninja

Zninja Member

Just because of the hot air your sucking in. I have a stock es snorkel in my trunk

7. OchoLancerGTS

Would you be willing to sell it? If so, how much?

8. Zninja

Zninja Member

Where you located though because shipping might not be worth it I live in San Diego California

9. OchoLancerGTS

Lancaster Ohio.

10. Zninja

Zninja Member

To be honest I would sell it but I just saw your in Ohio and the shipping would be quite a bit. Your probably better off buying the ra snorkel or check out 9glancers.com I'm on there and a lot more people on there so you might be able get one off those guys but if interested still let me know.

11. Zninja

Zninja Member

Also check out project lancers those are the 2 most popular lancer web pages

12. sk13322

sk13322 Well-Known Member

Deff get the RA one