When a dry lake bed is resurrected....

Discussion in 'West Coast Owners Forum' started by Subawho, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Subawho

Subawho Well-Known Member

So today was supposed to be a rallycross out in the desert. Last night as I am driving to Nevada, it starts pouring rain. By the time I am in Nevada, there is lightning in the mix and I saw two people crash their cars because they dont know how to drive.

So today I get out to the lakebed, but then I notice I shouldnt be saying the bed part. Yep, it was a lake of about 1/2 inch of water :lol:

Anyways, they had canceled the rallycross without TELLING anyone who wasnt a member of the LVR SCCA. So I am sitting on this dirt road next to the lakebed and all of the sudden an Evo 8 pulls up next to me with a Vegas license place reading "RALLY".

Turned out the guy moved to Vegas from Newport Beach and had seen me asking on EvoM if anyone was coming and decided to show up. So neither of us had got the cancelation... :x

So, this weekend is the big EvoM National Lancer Evo meet in Vegas, so we headed over to it. We were at a track called Spring Mountain out in Pahrump. We spent half the day watching Evos tear it up on the track, it was pretty fun. So, the day didnt turn out to be a total loss.

I will post pics later :D

2. kinkbmxrydr

kinkbmxrydr Guest

thats a bummer man. really sucks but atleast u didnt come home with a total disappointment.

i wonder if the el mirage rallyx was cancelled too

3. Subawho

Most likely, when I was driving home today it was still raining off and on in the Victorville area :?

4. kinkbmxrydr

kinkbmxrydr Guest

that sucks

5. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

Sub, did you see any 08s there and our "pals" from sclc?

6. Subawho

Yep. That also means tomorrow isnt happening. 5th wanted to go out to Victorville :lol:

If it doesnt rain anymore, they should be good to go for the 30th if you still want to head out there

7. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

we want pics!!!

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Sorry to hear about the rain out, but gald to hear you had a good time at the meet.

Hey guys if you are out in the Victorville area hit me up any time. I will get the grill ready and bbq for you guys and we can kick it. I know there is a dry lake bed area out this way. So after playing in the dirt cruise by. PM me and I will give u contact info.

9. Subawho

Sounds like a plan. We are supposed to go out there on the 30th but Ill double check with them

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Nice it would be good to have ya!

11. kinkbmxrydr

kinkbmxrydr Guest

sounds like a deal. party at KRU's house hahaha

you should film or take pictures or soemthing