Weird Buzzing Noise

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by faracinman2, Mar 26, 2008.

1. faracinman2

faracinman2 Well-Known Member

After I installed my HIDs,in the inside of my car I get this weird buzzing sound coming from the Navi, and its never did that before.... Anyone else have this problem?

2. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

that kinda happen to me when i charge my ipod and play it at the same time...sounds like static isnt it...its like a power surge of some sort...dont know whats causing it so you may wanna ask somebody else about...you must have wired your hid wrong...just a guess ok...

3. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

I recommend turning your car off and rechecking everything. disconnect the battery too before you do this.

4. faracinman2

Yeah its like a staticy sound but its barely noticeable, but when I turn my lights off while driving its really loud.... and I believe they are hooked up right because when I plugged it in the other way they didn't even turn on. But I'll try rechecking it

5. totalmajor

totalmajor Well-Known Member

its not your lights, it happens to everybody

i seem to be having the same problem...

my shitty gas mileage (17) and static whenever i move the mirrors around is starting to piss me off

6. faracinman2

yeah its not my lights because I switched them back to stock until i get my relay, and it was just coming from the navi....

7. CLEANrideGTS

CLEANrideGTS Well-Known Member

ok unless you put in a relay or wire your lights into you foglight switch, dont turn off your lights while driving because the day time running lights come on and the HID's dont function properly

8. faracinman2

Yes I know that already, Its just i noticed the noise the same day i installed my HIDs, but then today switched back and the noise is still there so it wasn't due to the HIDs

9. CLEANrideGTS

huh well thats weird. I dont have navi in my car, like the only thing it doesnt have, so im afraid i cant help you there

10. faracinman2

Its no problem one of the other guys said it was an issue, so ill just have to turn up the music louder so i don't here it. plus its not super noticeable but its there..

11. CLEANrideGTS

guess thats one way to cover up the noise