Viper autostart question!!!

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by Homie, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Homie

Homie Well-Known Member

Okay I have the fastkey, but I'm looking into getting a viper autostart/security system for my car. I know they had to take apart one of my keys on my last lancer, I was just wondering how this would work, and if the fastkey would even work after this was done. If they have to take the chip out of my exsisting keys then I wouldn't want the fastkey to work because my car would always be unlocked and anyone could drive off with it. I'm thinking I'm pretty much stuck with what I have, anyone done this upgrade yet? Like I said I done it on my last lancer but I didn't have the fastkey setup and it actually worked out great. But I think my options are limited with the fastkey.

Any thoughts?

2. Homie

Homie Well-Known Member

BUMP! Curious about this dammit! Am I going to fuck up my fastkey if I get a autostart? It's 20 degrees outside an autostart would be nice about now!

3. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

Homie give me a bit ill get the answer for you in a day or two

4. Homie

Homie Well-Known Member

Bump....The guy at the dealership said since our remote uses Radio waves it shouldn't be a problem...but he didn't seem like he knew what he was talking about 100%. Still curious about this...by the time I get autostart it will be spring.