Tuning and what it is... LT Style...

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by Conduct, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Conduct

Conduct Well-Known Member

2. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

then y the fk are u in these forums in the first place... u know, the forum is called Lancer "TUNERS"

3. Subawho

Subawho Well-Known Member

So then why are you here? You arent tuning your car. You are buying bolt on parts. Do you know what tuning even means? 99% of the people here arent tuning their cars. :roll:

4. Bryn1987

u get what i'm saying though -_-

5. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

lol. If people knew what "tuning" entailed you'd have less people sceamin' Lancer Tuners.

were more like LancerModifiers

6. Subawho

I get that you are questioning why someone is on this forum when they dont tune, but I dont get why you arent asking yourself the same question. If you are justifying why he shouldnt be here I hope you will be following him out the door. :D

7. Bryn1987

well, u need modifications to get good tuning, sure u can tune ur car on bare stock and get some improvements, but you won't get far w/o mods :p

*edit* either way i don't own a lancer nor do i do mods/tuning on my civic (it's completely stock), i'm here to learn and because i'm looking into getting a lancer in the fall... thats my reason for being here =)

8. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

Just to clarify tuning is not the RESULT of mods. Tuning is an act.

you can't "get good tuning from mods".

9. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

well i just got a tune up on my lancer,is that a TUNER? :wink:

10. Bryn1987

y do u guys have to get so specific, u know what i mean, as do others... looks to me like ur just challenging my knowledge of what tuning is, so i'll get on to it... when you tune a car is to play around w/ a vehicles... specifications? idk can't think of the right word to use... things such as air/fuel mixtures, valve timing to improve ignition, the compression ratio, boring for larger displacement, stroking for changing the stroking of the crankshaft, forged pistons which are stronger, messing w/ gear ratios to improve accel/max speed, port and polishing for better air flow, and the list goes on...

though i may not know how to do these all, i understand the concepts behind them and what it means to truly tune an engine, and not just add on bolt ons or turbo ur car to improve HP, there's more to it then just that...

so do me a favor, and stop attacking me for thinking that i have no idea what tuning really means... u get what i'm saying, so don't go there

11. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

lol sweet. i get to remember you as the emo-kid now.

never did i "attack" you. that was just a clarification.

And you basically proved my point by elaborating on what tuning means. so thanks for that too.

have a nice day

12. Subawho

I attacked you for attacking someone else for being on this forum and not tuning, when what was being discussed WASNT TUNING.

Dude, thats great that you just googled everything and used wikipedia. Congrats on a job well done. But seriously, every time I see you post here Bryn you are just talking about crap you dont know and making a fool of yourself. This isnt the first time, and it wont be the last I can guarentee that. :roll:

13. Dukekid0987

Dukekid0987 Well-Known Member

hahaha

14. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

I usually don't like to beat dead-horses but i showed your "well, u need modifications to get good tuning, " to some buddies of mine on another forum. so far it's 5 replies...... that all say "WTF?"

so nope. you don't know what you're talking about (in that sentence) and you've created a nice laugh for all.

15. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

*eats popcorn*

16. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

muahahahahaaaaaah :twisted: BURNNN

17. Dukekid0987

Dukekid0987 Well-Known Member

haha that was good i guess we may all want to go get a tune just so we can be called LANCERTUNERS

*Also gets popcorn* :p

18. Subawho

That was supposed to be a burn...? :lol:

Why dont you go back to fitting Accord parts to your lancer :roll:

19. Subawho

Evolve will you have my baby? :wink:

20. Bryn1987

"you paid $13,000 for a look-alike sports car, stop trying to make it fucking faster"

that is the original post that i responded to, my point was y complain about people wanting to make their cars faster if that is the point of the forum in the first place, you're the one who got into changing the thread about tuning by challenging my knowledge of what it means to actually tune ur car... and no i didn't jump on to google/wikipedia to define what it means to tune a car, that is from my previous knowledge, if i were to google it, i'd of gone more specific, but i can't cuz i don't know the specifics, just know the basics where basically put... it's to improve your engine to yield maximum performance

btw, it's Bryan, not Bryn, thats a typo :p

@Evolve, i was stuck on a way of wording it, meant good results

@lancered... :D