Tsudo N1 exhaust

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by Belgaram, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Belgaram

Belgaram Well-Known Member

Installed the Tsudo N1 exhaust and I am extremely happy with it. The sound is deep and rich and not as loud as I thought it would be. My only complaint (and I am working on a fix) is the hanger set up causes it to rattle badly on the frame when the car is idling in gear. If I am in neutral its fine. Soon as I go into drive and my foot is on the brake it rattles. I attached a hose clamp to move it over and it stopped for a little then when back to rattling again. I just gotta get it on a lift so I can correct it.

2. davidlanceres

davidlanceres Well-Known Member

I have a Tsudo catback as well. I love it! Had it for 2.5 years...still strong with no rust.

3. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

My rrm exhaust did the same thing. It was hitting against the rear bumper though making a deep constant loud tapping. So I just shaved a bit of my bumper off so it doesnt do it. If you looked at it you would think it was normal anyway from exhaust melt or something.

4. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

You will need to reinforce the hanger usually the one on the drivers side. Be careful of the N1 and the bumper melting issue take a look at my thread you will see what it did to my bumper.

5. Belgaram

Belgaram Well-Known Member

I bolted 2 hangers together to make it longer on the front hanger then made it adjustable by using aluminum pipe straps. Then with the rear hanger, I used a hose clamp to make the height adjustable. It dropped the axle back around 3 inches and eliminated the rattle. BUT with all the adjustments I jacked up the mesh cone gasket... So now I have to find someplace to get 1.