Trunk Pressure releif port question

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by lordtygr, Jan 29, 2009.

1. lordtygr

lordtygr Well-Known Member

Back when i was installing my subs int eh trunk, i'd pulled the moulded side off to run wires up through there. i noticed there was a port with rubber flaps in the side of the inner body of the car. i'm presumming it's to allow for air to escape when closing the trunk. I'm wondering how they affect our subs. i'm running 2 10's in a sealed/compartmented box.

do they matter? should they be left alone? should they be sealed? should the rubber flap be removed so they stay open all the time?

This is only my second car ever, and first with a trunk, lol, so this is new to me.

2. The Beav

The Beav Well-Known Member

i also have never had a sealed trunk but i feel confident enough to say they would be fine... if the trunk can support the gts with the upgraded factory system w/ a 10" sub back their i am sure it's fine... anyone else think other wise... i’ am not a professional

3. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

its fine... technically it does make a difference in the SPL, but you will not notice it at all....

4. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Its fine.

5. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

Yeah it is fine... we remove it on the 8G Galant because when you push alot of SPL it makes alot of freaking noise vibrating off the waves. If it doesn't do that on the Lancer I wouldn't worry about it...

6. lordtygr

lordtygr Well-Known Member

cool, thanks guys