Tire recommedations

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by mhmayhem88, Jun 15, 2011.

1. mhmayhem88

mhmayhem88 Well-Known Member

I'm sure as a lot of you know, the stock tires on the Lancer are garbage. Well, mine are anyway. I'm just past 21,000 miles and my front tires are pretty much done. I'm just looking for some tire recommendations. Something that is good in the snow but won't break the bank. I've been slipping and sliding all over the place for the last two winters and that's getting old so I would like to be prepared for the upcoming winter. I can probably make it through the rest of the summer with the current tires but I want to start looking now so I can save up for them.

2. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

Tires are the one thing I'll never cheap on so I always choose pirelli p-zero's but your looking at 700 for the set.

Your best bet is tirerack.com to use the fit guide. The ratings from buyers are pretty good too.

3. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Also look for something that is good in wet weather. Not necessarily snow. And dry weather doesn't really count unless your making hard turns. Ive got nittos on my lancer and am not pleased with the dry weather as im having some gripping issues around the corner. But in rain these guys are boss. They aren't the neogens they are the nt50 or something like that. I've heard nothing but good things about the neogens on the newer evos. When I upgrade wheels those are the first I will buy and try out.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

4. aznboiultra

aznboiultra Well-Known Member

I got Yokohama AVID ENVigor (W) from tirerack.com total under $650 for me I think, if you want to make it more cheaper look for coupon codes for tirerack.com. So far I think the grip both in the rain and in the dry condition is pretty good and much better then the stock tires. Hey JDMhammer I got a question for you, for the number given in tirewear in tirerack.com, is it better to have higher number or lower number for the wear?

5. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

Higher. Higher the number the longer the tire "should" last. All depending on your driving style