Tinting Percentage Advice?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by WhiteAfrikan, Nov 10, 2010.

1. WhiteAfrikan

WhiteAfrikan Active Member

Im taking my Lancer in for some tinting in the next couple of weeks, but I am not sure on what percent I would like to have them tint too. I'm wondering what others who have tinted have to say on what percents they used and if they could change it would they? I was thinking maybe 25%; but im not really sure. Thanks guys

2. mitsuG

mitsuG Well-Known Member

20% you cant see nothing at night

i think 35% is a good percentage

3. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

I agree with Mitsu^^ the 35% range is decent. I have 32% on mine, if I'm not mistaken. Be sure to check with the local laws on percentages before you go dark....unless you just want to risk it.

4. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

35% or 30% i have 30% gives you a good smoke look but still have some decent visibility at night but with a dark interior makes it look like you have 20%

5. WhiteAfrikan

The advice is really helpful, I'm going with 30%. Thanks guys, you made it ten times easier to decide =D

6. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I have 20 on my back windows, and 35 on my front 2 windows. I'd say 35 up front and 20 on the back windows is perfect.

7. FAC3L3SS

FAC3L3SS Well-Known Member

My back windows are like 5% and it looks nice because it's all black, but at night I can't see shit and my fronts are like 35% and it looks off. I'd go all 30% mang.

8. WhiteAfrikan

9. 1slowlance

230's not too bad for all your windows from a nice tint shop. The guy I go to originally charges 160 to tint all the windows for the first time, but he's a smaller shop. It is kind of on the high side though. It's probably a bigger shop and can charge that much because of their quality.

10. drew88

drew88 Member

i had mine done 20 percent all the way around the cops made me take them off a couple weeks ago. the front 2 cost 100 bucks to do and it was pretty good quality

11. mhmayhem88

mhmayhem88 Well-Known Member

I have 22% all the way around. I honestly don't think night time visibility is that bad. If you're really concerned about it, and depending on what your local legal limits are, then go lighter.

12. 1slowlance

I have 20 on my back windows, and I can see fine at night, but a friend of mine has 5 on his back windows on his truck, and it's kinda hard to see what's behind you with no lights at night.

13. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

my sister had 5 on her car, it was so hard to see at night

14. 1slowlance

Yeah, 5 is hard to see out of at night. But, during the day, it was pretty nice.

15. WhiteAfrikan

I ended up with 35% all around. The guy wouldnt do any lower, he said they can get fined as well. You guys heard of that before?

16. 1slowlance

I'm sure it's possible if the person that gets a ticket for illegal tint says something to a cop what shop gave him/her illegal tint or something.

17. 007

007 Active Member

got 20 all around, i have it on mine and have no visability issues at all.

18. Mpitera

Mpitera Well-Known Member

Same here. 20% looks nice and I can still see at night. Make sure they install felt otherwise you will end up with scratches...This happen to me the 1st time and I had to get them redone. I started with 35% and now have 20%

19. mhmayhem88

mhmayhem88 Well-Known Member

Yeah. The first thing that my shop asked me on the phone was "do you have any problem with law enforcement??." The legal limit in my state is 27% and I wanted around 20% (ended up with 22%) so mine isn't legal. So I guess it just depends on the shop.

20. FAC3L3SS

FAC3L3SS Well-Known Member

All my cars I did 30% all the way around, and it was perfect. You can see at night, but the windows are still dark and are clearly tinted. I bought my lancer with the fronts having like 40% ish and the rears are 5% and I can't see a single thing at night.