Thinking of upgrading the Rockford system

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by chinwachi, Aug 19, 2008.

1. chinwachi

chinwachi Member

I just bought a 09 gts with the Rockford Fosgate package without navi.
    The system isnt loud enough for me and i was wondering how the gts was wired so i can upgrade the sub and amp along with the door speakers. Does anyone know if the stock amp has rca inputs? can i use the wiring from the stock amp? Do the door speakers run off the deck power? I've done installs before i just dont want to rip apart the car before I know what i need. i plan on keeping the stock head unit...any info will be greatly appreciated

2. nanonyc

nanonyc Well-Known Member

whats your email... so I can send you the audio wiring diagram

3. SoflaGTS

SoflaGTS Well-Known Member

no RCA's
    the door speakers are runnin of the amp located under he drivers seat

4. chinwachi

chinwachi Member

does the amp under the driver seat run the sub as well or is the an amp in the trunk somewhere?

5. SoflaGTS

SoflaGTS Well-Known Member

that amp powers everything

6. kingklay

kingklay Well-Known Member

good questions, im getting ready to upgrade my system as well.

hey nanonyc could you email me the diagram as well? kingklay@hotmail.com
    thanks man!!

7. Oni

Oni Well-Known Member

I could use the diagram myself. email is mdjacobs1984@gmail.com Are the stock speakers any good with the fosgate system if you rewire them to a new HU or not even worth it? I haven't seen the specs on them and I'm planning on putting in an aftermarket HU and amp/sub. Sub will be around 800 RMS.

8. Saiko44

Saiko44 Member

9. orsabv31

orsabv31 New Member

10. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

The stock Rockford Fosgay speakers are pure crap and a waste of money. Thats why i didn't pay for it. Upgrade as soon as possible.

That is all.