THinking about upgrading my speakers

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by Sinestra, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

2. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Polk is a good choice....Had them in my old truck for years.

3. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Polk is a very good choice. The only issue I see with these speakers in specific is that you will have to solder the wires. Im not sure on the newer lancers/evo's but 7th generations have a premade easy on/off clip for the wiring. But soldering is easy. I myself am a Sony guy so I buy all there products if they are in that field except there hdtv....they all suck compared to Samsung. They are an upgrade though. I think the stock speakers are only 40 watts rms and 120 peak.

And +1 for newegg. I get a lot of my computer stuff from them. But other than that I was a pioneer user in my old car.

4. Sinestra

Hum i dont know of anyone with the new Lancers that had to solder anything when they replaced their speakers. I will have to look into that. Thanks for the feed back guys.

5. Jogenmaru

I was just going off the picture of the speaker itself. I didn't see a place where it would have a clip to put on oem clip.

6. Sinestra

Its cool i now know that i can use these for the rear but not the front. I have to find a set of component speakers for the front. I found some pretty nice Alpines i just have to do a bit of research of them. Trying to decide if i want to do the audio system first or get my tune done.

7. Jogenmaru

Teach yourself how to tune. After I finish my turbo build is what I plan on focusing on for a month before I put it on. ECUFlash. Works on evo's and lancers. Im sure you are capable of putting your sound components on yourself. That's a pretty basic plug-n-play job. Its just getting to the door speakers that takes up the time. But for s&g's who where you thinking of getting your tune done by? I'm not too familiar with tuners in MD.

8. Sinestra

My local car club Ignitionburn.com we have them as vendor most of the Evo guys in the car club take their cars there to get them tuned. His name is Charlie and he does kick ass work. He is now starting to tune 2008-2010 Lancers so i will be going to him once im ready. He can tune anything and its a flat rate. It might be a drive for you though since your in VA.

If you want to give them a call and ask some questions heres the info. Ask for Matt and tell him you want to ask Charlies some questions about a tune and they will take care of you.

Precision PSI:
    443-510-5522

I figured out how to get my door panels off that was easy. Im just going to take my time with deciding what i want to get and i will probably do the work myself but have a buddy of mine who is car audio knowledgeable hang out encase i get stuck on anything.