Thinking about some new rims...

Discussion in '7G Lancer and older - Customization' started by 1slowlance, Nov 27, 2009.

1. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

What do ya'll think? I have been looking at some 16" gold Rota Boosts for a while, but I also recently found some 16" Rota Grid golds. I have a Thunder Grey 03 ES.
    Boosts
    [​IMG]

Grids
    [​IMG]

I think I like the Grids more, because they have a thicker spoke. Both are $133 each, so its more of a color issue and which ones I like more issue. I'm going to go to a few shops around Slidell to see if anyone can get them cheaper for me with tires and such before I do anything. I'm also going to get a friend of mine to photoshop a few different rims that I have been interested in onto my car. I would post a picture of my car from my hard drive, but I can't seem to figure it out. Let me know what ya'll think.

2. 1slowlance

So, my friend photoshopped them both onto my car, and I definitely like the Grids a lot more. I'm going to go with 16's whenever I decide to get them, probably within the next month or two. If I could figure out how to post up these darn pictures I'd show everyone, buuuuuuuuuut I can't. Can anyone help? Please? Lol.

3. xSoni

xSoni Well-Known Member

hmm I usually upload them to www.imageshack.us then you just copy the forum link #1 here, and post it =P

4. 1slowlance

Ok. So, I just got home from work, and actually figured how to work this crazy contraption. Thank you to xSoni for the help. I really like them. I'll definitely have to drop my car when I get these, so thus begins another saving extravaganza. Tell me what ya'll think now that the pictures up. Also going on Monday to get my windows tinted. Pretty exciting.
    [​IMG]

5. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Damn man, I have been tossing the idea of gold or bronze wheels for a while now. A friend did a photoshop of my RA with my curret Riax wheels gold...I'll see if I can find it and upload it for ya.

6. 1slowlance

I don't know why, but it's always been in the back of my mind. I like the way the Suby guys' look with the stock gold rims. Sometimes it looks pretty good. I'm still trying to decide if I think the gold looks good on the gray though...

7. xSoni

xSoni Well-Known Member

I think it looks ok, I personally wouldn't get it, the only rims I like are totally black :D But if you like it go for it ;D

8. ThunderOZ

ThunderOZ Well-Known Member

So did you end up getting the grids?

9. 1slowlance

No, not yet. Still throwing some ideas around.