The Lone Rep from the Lone Star State

Discussion in 'South and Southeast Owners Forum' started by WildBill, Aug 1, 2007.

1. WildBill

WildBill Well-Known Member

Howdy,

Seems like, for now, I am the only current LT member from Texas. Anywho, that being said, I have a lot of good deals I have been hearing about coming from Lancer purchases out of Florida getting their new Lancers for around $17K instead of the $22K sticker. I think I may have to make a trip to Orlando for some wheeling and dealing...

Bill

2. LancerGTS

LancerGTS Well-Known Member

let us know when your coming! haha

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm Texan #2. You are no longer alone. :)

4. WildBill

As Cartman from South Park would say..."Sweeeeet".

Anywho, what part are you from and do you already own an 08 Lancer? I am personally waiting for the release of the final specs/pricing of the new Evo X/Ralliart that should be given within the next month or so at the coming Tokyo Auto Show.

Bill

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm from the Fort Worth area, kinda near Southlake if you know where that is. Yes, I've got an Apex Silver ES. I needed a new car for college so I didn't have the time to wait for the RA, lol.

6. WildBill

That's cool. I live in the Northwest Houston area. I am in the Dallas/Fort Worth area this weekend though. I am currently typing this from a Ramada Inn next to Love Air Field. HOW CAN YOU STAND THESE SCREWED UP HIGHWAY SYSTEMS IN THIS CITY?!?!?!?

Bill

7. JJS

JJS Member

I am from San Antoni :p o.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I can't even stand them, brother. The highways all around here totally suck. Not only are they disorganized, but also under construction what seems like 24/7. However, the worst part about it is that I have to drive them for my job. Yikes.

9. WildBill

I hear ya. I was only in the DFW area for two days and the highways and their weird intersections and exits and transitions practically drove me f*n nuts. I was constantly exiting the wrong place and having to do U-turns and reorient myself. The new Lancers GPS would have been nice...

DFW has given me new appreciation for Houston. At least the Highway system there is understandable and clean save for the construction on I-10, but that has been there forever and I have gotten use to it. I can deal with the traffic and the like in Houston now that I have new appreciation for how efficient it is compared to that of DFW.

Welcome JJS. If we can get a few more Texas brothers to join the forums and post, we may be able to have a annual or semi annual car meet in one of the big cities. Maybe create our own Car Club for new Lancers in Texas. Anyone interested??

Bill

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm glad to hear that. Haha.

"DFW.. the place that sucks so bad it makes you appreciate your home so much more!"

11. WildBill

You should make that a bumper sticker and sell it, you would make millions! LOL.

Bill

12. BlueLynx

BlueLynx New Member

Another Texas GTS owner here.

Houston to be exact.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Welcome to the board, Lynx.

I'll get to work on those stickers, haha.

14. WildBill

What part of Houston Lynx?

Bill

15. BlueLynx

BlueLynx New Member

Live across from Reliant Stadium on Kirby and 610.

16. WildBill

I live on the Northwest side of Houston out in the Jersey Village/Cypress area near Hwy 290 and FM 1960.

Bill

17. BlueLynx

BlueLynx New Member

Coolness....if there are more Houston peeps here then we should get a convoy heading somewhere and rule the streets.

Sorry that was a bit lame.

18. WildBill

No worries, I hear ya. I already pitched the idea in this thread to have like a weekend annual car meet if we get enough Mitsu owners together unless, which there probably is, a Mitsu club out there. We can at least make/have a Lancer club, specifically a H-town one if more people join. Only time will tell.

Bill

19. 08mitz

08mitz Well-Known Member

hell... im from north dallas... seen a couple of lancer up here but just a bunch of old ppl drivin them... kinda makes be sad. lol any of yall from the dallas area... houston just to far...

20. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Umm, no. Officially I was the first Texas LT member. You joined Aug 1, I joined July 8.

And I purchased my manual GTS here in the local Ft Worth area for $16.5.