Talon's '11 GTS

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by Talon26, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Talon26

Talon26 Member

From day 1 to current.

Brought her home from the dealer :)
    [​IMG]
    IMG_1377 by Talon26, on Flickr

Taping the front end for the blacked out look.

[​IMG]
    IMG_1859 by Talon26, on Flickr

With front end blacked out + tint.

[​IMG]
    Untitled by Talon26, on Flickr

Plastidip'n the rims. 105 degree Texas heat was the reasoning behind leaving the wheels on the car lol
    [​IMG]
    IMG_2009 by Talon26, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    IMG_2010 by Talon26, on Flickr
    And my most recent picture, I need to get some with my new LT stickers I just got on!
    [​IMG]
    IMG_2107 by Talon26, on Flickr

I've done nothing performance wise yet. My plans are an axelback exhaust ( leaning towards GReddy SE, decent choice? ) and SRI ( Injen )?
    Visually, I want to tint the side lights, paint the mitsu logo on the rims red, Carbon fiber vinyl wrap some interiior pieces. And possibly lowering springs, not entirely sure as all the roads in DFW suck hard.

2. moosemeister

moosemeister Well-Known Member

Nice start up. No kidding about the weather though huh. It's 115 here in Phoenix. I haven't wanted to do any mods because it is just way too damn hot outside.

Keep up the good work

3. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Plastidip on the rims look sick on the grey.

4. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

I agree. Nice work, man.

5. slickdevil08

slickdevil08 Well-Known Member

i like the plasti dipped rims man im thinkin about doing the same to mine

6. Talon26

Talon26 Member

Thanks guys. Go for the plastidip! It's cheap and pretty easy to reverse.

I have a question though. Would adding a SRI void my warranty? Never had any issues when this was done to other cars but I've read Mitsu is a little pickier. And axel back exhaust.

7. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

Yes, it will probably void your warranty.

8. blueking_4

blueking_4 Well-Known Member

The best way to find out if it will void it is call you local dealership and say that you are thinking about getting one and installing it and asking them.

9. slickdevil08

slickdevil08 Well-Known Member

Negative.
    these minor mods will not void your warrenty.
    i have a honda with sri and full exhuast cat-back and i havent voided my warrenty and honda is like the anti mod company lol.
    plus axle back exhaust just makes noise and can easily be reversd. they will not void ur warrenty for that if they do then go to the big boys and they will tell the drones they need to take care of you so happy moding and you should be fine with warrenty

10. Talon26

Talon26 Member

welp just bought a GReddy SP elite axle back. Anyone know where to track down an install guide?

11. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Ehhh...don't need it...instructions are for women. If it dosen't seem right, just hit with a hammer for 13 seconds....

12. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

Great color choice and thumbs up for DIY

13. Talon26

Talon26 Member

Appreciate it! There will be more to come

haha Well it wasn't self explanatory since only one of the hangers on the exhaust lined up with one on the car. Creative thinking led to getting all three on.

Pictures soon :):mitsu:

14. KeeganT

KeeganT Well-Known Member

Amen to that. It is so damn hot here. Thank god it is cooling down.

15. Talon26

Talon26 Member

16. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Looks good. Could use some darker tint, unless it's just because of the sun being behind it. I know on mine, when the sun is coming through it looks like I have barely any tint at all.

17. 11lancerwhite

11lancerwhite Member

I think it's the sun if you look at the picture at the bottom the tint looks darker - nice job on the rims - looking good

18. Talon26

Talon26 Member

Thanks on the rims! And yes, the tint looks light due to the sunlight in that picture.