Stock Bluetooth with aftermarkey HU

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by prcdslnc13, Sep 6, 2009.

1. prcdslnc13

prcdslnc13 Well-Known Member

Is the the PAC-SWI-X the unit i need to get my bluetooth working with an aftermarket head unit? I know it will get the steering wheel controls working but im less conserned with them then the bluetooth.

2. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

No, that just allows you to maintain the stereo steering wheel controls. No the bluetooth. If you change the headunit, you lose the stock bluetooth feature.

3. xhotboy21tx

xhotboy21tx New Member

mito -02 if u have the rockfosgate system u keep the soundsystem and bluetooth i did

4. SIUCsaluki11

SIUCsaluki11 Member

Most mid to high end aftermarket HUs are bluetooth compatable, you just gotta buy their bluetooth package/kit and install it.

5. lancer0220

lancer0220 Well-Known Member

if you change to an aftermarket HU you will NOT lose the bluetooth feature, you will use the bluetooth capablity of seeing the menu on your headunit but your bluetooth will still function.

6. SeRious08

BS. The bluetooth is powered off the stock headunit. You change the headunit, there is no place for the bluetooth harness to plug into.

7. RuthlessRides

RuthlessRides Well-Known Member

Cool..i did not know that...

8. SeRious08

Just purchase a new headunit that has built-in bluetooth.

9. gb21

gb21 Member

How much was that headunit with the built in bluetooth and can you still use the steering wheel controls?
    What other audio stuff have you done?

10. stevebucknor1

stevebucknor1 Member

If you change to an after market HU you will NOT lose the bluetooth feature, you will use the bluetooth capablity of seeing the menu on your head unit but your blue tooth will still function.This is the main thing to remember.