stereo

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by beard_irish, Oct 12, 2009.

1. beard_irish

beard_irish Well-Known Member

i was wondering is there an aftermarket, touch screen gps, system that will still allow me to use my stock steering wheel radio and bluetooth controls, aside from the OEM mitsu navi system.
    thanks

2. dao.style

dao.style Well-Known Member

you can buy a PAC adapter to use your steering wheel controls, for the bluetooth part, you might have some problems keeping that. I have the pioneer fb90bt, if you get the PAC-SWI adapter it allows you to use those buttons.
    http://www.amazon.com/PAC-SWI-PS-Pionee ... 452&sr=8-3
    works with pioneer and sony headunits

3. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

The factory bluetooth is powered of the factory headunit. If it is replaced, you lose that feature. Even if you buy a new headunit with bluetooth, the steering wheel controls for it are voided out. But the stereo controls will be maintained through a PAC convertor.

4. matchstick

matchstick Active Member

First it depends on the Aftermarket Head Unit, It has to have wired remote capability, which is usually labeled steering wheel control compatible. Not all Aftermarket Head Units have this ability, and it's usually only with NAVI units. I ususally check sonicelectronix.com for the unit, cause they will display weather or not the unit has this ability.

Second there is more than one PAC device for steering wheel control for the lancer, it depends on the Head Unit brand.

JVC, Alpine, Clarion, Kenwood, Valor use the SWI-JACKv1
    Advent, Dual, Jensen, Pioneer, Sony use the SWI-PSv1
    Eclipse uses the SWI-ECL2

And all the latest revisions of PAC steering wheel adapters allow you to also keep the bluetooth controls on the steering wheel too, if the Aftermarket Head Unit has Bluetooth. Just make sure you get the v1

You program slots 1-9 as normal and as seen here http://www.pac-audio.com/swixprogra...ch=Mitsubishi&Submit2=+Search+Vehicles&ID=243
    Then you program 10-12 as follows...
    10 Phone Status
    11 Pick up
    12 Hang up

5. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Very nice Match. I was unaware that they brought out a revision that allowed the bluetooth controls to remain. I will have to check this out.

6. CRAZY-LEGS-20

CRAZY-LEGS-20 Well-Known Member

this is very helpful to me that i want to change the head unit to a pioneer, but i want one that has a dvd player...but would the factory aux still work after i changr the head unit?

7. beard_irish

beard_irish Well-Known Member

thanks dude, this was very helpful, i was worried i would have to either buy the OEM navi or lose my bluetooth buttons

8. CRAZY-LEGS-20

CRAZY-LEGS-20 Well-Known Member

yeah...i was thinking of buying the navi from the dealer....but thats to much