Sportback tails

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by y2ray7697, Apr 26, 2011.

1. y2ray7697

y2ray7697 Well-Known Member

Hey guys...anyone know if someone out there is developing a tail light replacement for the sportbacks? An LED tail would be AWESOME!

2. sk13322

sk13322 Well-Known Member

i havnt found any yet but would love to get some. i dont trust led with mitsubishi they mess with the whole car sometimes i have heard and seen this first hand. what every happened to the taillights that are like euro that just use the same light bulbs?

3. y2ray7697

EXACTLY! Someone out there just needs to get on this and get us sportbackers some clear freakin tails!

4. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

i haven't seen any but i'll shoot a message to Spec-D Tuning and see if they have anything in development. Also, LEDs with the lancers might need some form or resistance or relay to make them not strobe

5. y2ray7697

Fine screw the LEDs. I still want sumthin clear. Lol

6. sk13322

yeah led are bad news with these cars but i would deff buy clear ones.

7. y2ray7697

Well I think until something comes out I'm just gonna tint the red parts of the tail lights and leave the clear parts exposed.

8. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

you can get led tails but you have to run an inline resistor or amp with the power line. I forget which one it is and what size. If you get led tails the only thing that is messed up with the car is the cruise control. Its default in all mitsu's. If you get led tails then your cruise stops working. I dont know why that is. I have heard it most common with the 08+ mitsus. I had led tails in and my cruise stopped working. I didnt contribute the 2 as a problem until i read on evom that it happens with the newer cars so i tried it for mine and its the same deal. but there was a fix somewhere online. id have to find it for ya.

9. sk13322

yeah i know more about the 06+ eclipse because i had a modded 08 spyder before i got my lancer. I like led but i use my cruse all the time. i would rather wait for clears that use stock bulbs. is there a company we can try contacting to make these tail lights?